Which boxers had the fastest hands from 175 on up in history?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by mark ant, Nov 14, 2018.

1. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Tyson`s punches were the most impressive at heavyweight I think, Paterson punched the same way except with far less power, but was Paterson the fastest punching light heavy and have any cruisers since punched any quicker than Floyd? Haye and Hide weren`t as quick as Floyd even when they fought at cruiser I feel.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    richdanahuff likes this.
  2. PhillyPhan69

PhillyPhan69 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 20, 2006
    This thread certainly isn’t good enough to do twice

mark ant likes this.
  3. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    :confused:

PhillyPhan69 likes this.
  4. DanishDynamite

DanishDynamite Member Full Member

Dec 10, 2013
  5. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Yes, I feel Paterson could match his quickness at heavyweight though, anything lower than that would be a close call.

6. frankwornank

frankwornank Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2007
    Patterson did not have far less power than Tyson. Patterson probably punched as hard as Tyson and was also faster handed then Tyson.

7. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    He wasn`t faster and Tyson put his heavier weight behind his punch, Tyson was a true heavyweight and would have blown Floyd away the same way a lighter fighter like Liston did, Floyd was fragile like a blown up light heavy, which is harsh because he punched harder than Cruisers now, but I think he would only be a cruiser now, the shot Usyk hit Bellew with was as hard as any shot Floyd ever threw.

8. Entaowed

Entaowed Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Dec 16, 2012
    I do not think that Patterson hit as hard as Tyson.
    Faster handed than Tyson? Likely a bit, Tyson has so much more musle.
    While Patterson his pretty hard, I do not think he could produce as much force as Tyson.
    Who in turn could not hit as hard as some of the very hardest bangers, though he was faster.

9. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    floyd was faster with regular punchesfrom mid distane if you watch the vids his punches travel a greater distance at speed, tysons fastest are his short blows inside.

mark ant likes this.
  10. Minotauro

Minotauro Boxing Addict Full Member

May 22, 2007
    Henry Cooper said he felt Patterson hands were quicker then Ali's. It likely between Patterson and RJJ.

11. The Undefeated Lachbuster

The Undefeated Lachbuster I check this every now and then Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Patterson, with Louis, Ali, and technically RJJ trailing a bit behind. Ezzard, Dempsey, Tyson, Morrison and Tillis could also be in the discussion.

12. frankwornank

frankwornank Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2007
    I agree Patterson would only be a cruiserweight now but cruisers go up to 200lbs .
    As far as Usyk's K.O. Bellows, no way was that punch as hard as Pattersons K.O. of Johannson in the 2nd fight.

Bonecrusher likes this.
  13. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    I agree now after seeing the punishment Bellew had taken leading up to the punch and the blow itself didn`t look that hard compared to most heavyweight KO`s in title fights.