Which division in boxing would you say you generally follow the most?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by RAMPAGE0017, Jun 23, 2007.

1. RAMPAGE0017

RAMPAGE0017 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 30, 2007
    Is there a certain division in boxing that you would say that you're generally just a big fan of, and have always followed closely for as long as you've been into the sport? No matter what type of period the said division has gone through, whether it be an exciting/competitive period, or an uneventful/dull period, was there ever just that one division that you always paid particular attention to? If so, state your reasons why that certain division always managed to keep you entertained.

2. Clearly Cool

Clearly Cool Active Member Full Member

Jan 8, 2007
    I try to follow all divisions but I find the Welters, Jnr Welters and SMWs get most of my attention, but only by a little.

3. thunder06

thunder06 Active Member Full Member

Jun 10, 2006
    welterweights at the moment. its just so interesting with all the possibilities that are never going to happen.

4. BlueApollo

BlueApollo Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 19, 2007
    Featherweight through Middleweight most, Supermiddle through Cruiser next, Heavyweights only when I have to, and anything south of 126 only if it involves Marquez, Vazquez, Darchinyan or Arce.

5. THN

THN Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 8, 2007
    smw! is the most intererting division at the moment

6. pokerbox

pokerbox Member Full Member

Mar 31, 2007
    I have always followed the Heavyweights, they are what got me interested in boxing originally. Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Holmes etc. I suppose i love the idea of the undisputed Heavyweight Champion being the supposed owner of the richest prize in sport.

7. NBT

NBT Mοderator of Death Full Member

Mar 9, 2006
    1. Heavyweight
    2. Middleweight
    3. Supermiddleweight

8. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Active Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2004
    i only follow the heavyweight division. well now, i don't watch boxing. when the hw picks up i.e. vitali steps it up, then maybe i will watch again

9. See Me Flow

See Me Flow The Pharaoh of Boxing Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Jr. Welterweights, Welterweights, Jr. Middleweights, Middleweights and Cruisers.

10. psychopath

psychopath D' "X" Factor Full Member

Mar 13, 2007
    The most?

Feather weight to welter.

That is where the real action is. :yep

11. jhar26

jhar26 Member Full Member

Dec 23, 2004
    HW's I guess, because it's the easiest to follow. Heavyweights are heavyweights. Junior featherweights are junior feather weights today, featherweights tomorrow, and junior leightweights the day after. The best action is definitely going on in the lower weight classes, but I think it is more a matter of following those fighters than any particular division. Maybe it was different in the days of old when you didn't have all those junior-this and super-that divisions and when fighters stayed within one division throughout their entire careers, or at least for a very long time.

12. KillerInstinct

KillerInstinct Member Full Member

Aug 13, 2005
    I easily follow HW division the most. It's not the most entertaining, I think every other division except HW and maybe Straw (they are just TOO small for me) have a lot of good exciting fighters and possible fights.

But in terms of following a division, I have boxreced hundreds of "prospects" in the HW division and every now and then notice a handful that failed. Seeing Povetkin and Solis really is a nice breath of fresh air!

13. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2007
    between 140 and 168.

14. DanePugilist

DanePugilist God vs God - Death Angel Full Member

Oct 14, 2006
    If I had to pick one I think it would be Welterweight, but most holds interest for me save the lightest, cruiser- and Heavyweight.

15. Asterion

Asterion Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 5, 2005
    I try to follow all of them (126 lbs. and above).

BUT, my favorite division will always be Heavyweight. :D