Which fight are you watching on Saturday - Langford or Murray?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by CutThroatFade, Apr 19, 2017.

1. billo_billy

billo_billy Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Haha I saw this as well, not sure if he actually is.

Just had the presser, and tommy was piping up abit, never seen him like that before, hopefully he's bang up for it!

Chalky likes this.
  2. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Langford fight

and yes, Ustinov is on the undercard

3. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    He was always between 162-165 in his early career, sometimes they still get called middleweight fights but it isn't 160

4. james5000

Apr 11, 2010
    Tommy always talks a big game, he's delusional and thinks he beat Sheedy 12-0
    Tommy has been saying after this fight he will be a World champion, if Eubank Jr said that he would get mocked for weeks.

I see a lot of people actually quite like this bloke and think he's a straight shooter and modest but he's any thing but modest.

Langford talks out of his ass and makes out he's the only bloke in the world that would take on any challenge, ffs he's a journeyman at best and journeymen will take any challenge that pays decent.

Once you make it to a certain level and you are marketable you can pick and choose, Tommy will never get to that level he has to get the crum's on offer

5. james5000

Apr 11, 2010
    I personally will watch Langford vs Khutsidze just to see Langford get pummelled

Rosado vs Murray doesn't interest me at all and the winners stocks wont raise at all IMO either way

6. james5000

Apr 11, 2010
    A lot of big fights @ 168 are taken, a BJS fight could be doable but they appear to be waiting on the Canelo vs JCC Jr fight as if JR winS, BJS will probably get GGG fight.

Degale is possible but the way Hearn/Degale are talking Jr would have to beg for the fight and take 25% and if Jr is a man of his word he will never beg for a fight and he knows his value.

Jamie Cox just left Frank Warren??? I have never seen him fight but he appears to have some kind of a following and a few people seem to think he's legit?

How does Eubank Jr vs Cox PPV sound???
    Surely its better than Gilberto vs Bursak which is PPV

7. velagod

velagod Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2012
  8. youcrazyboy

youcrazyboy Member Full Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Murray is dull as dishwater, in and out the ring-he's a serial loser, no idea why he keeps getting big opportunities. Fast Eddie obviously has a stiffy for him.

9. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    What big opportunities has he not earned? He's worked his way into mandatory positions on his title fights. You're entitled to your views of him inside the ring. Outside the ring he's a good lad, I can vouch for that.

His cv is better than Eubank Jn's so the question could be asked why doesn't he get the same opportunities has him?

10. james5000

Apr 11, 2010
    Did you just post that ffs Murray has had opportunity after opportunity and has lost them all!!!!

Why does Murray keep getting big fights and CEJ gets sweet f all?

The likes of Degale and BJS want to give him 20% and JR gets called a ducker because he knows his worth?

What opportunities did CEJ get that Murray didn't get?

11. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    Murray earned his opportunities to become a world title challenger. He was 23-0 when he fought Sturm in Germany. Drawn it didn't lose it and arguably should have won it.
    He worked himself into a mandatory position and travelled to Argentina to fight Martinez, he won that fight but was robbed on the cards and people knew it. He was 29-2-1 when he again worked himself into a mandatory against GGG and at that time he was very highly regarded by most as a quality middleweight. He travelled for that fight too. GGG leathered him but apart from Jacobs, who has he not leathered. He worked his way up at SM to fight Abraham's again in Germany. He just doesn't carry the size and power at SM.

He's never had a big fight presented to him on his doorstep. He's always travelled. He's never ducked anyone, something that can't be said of Eubank Jn. That lad has had plenty of big fights chucked at him, he's just wriggled off the hook with him. However, they are opportunities and he's been offered them off the strength of his surname.

So I'll say it again, Murray has a better CV than Eubank Jn. Just to add, what % do you think Murray would have got for fighting in those world title fights. It would have been for likes of 20-30% because he'll understand, (especially coming from a working class background without a famous dad) that you have to EARN your big purses.

Furey, John-tha-dunce and pow like this.
  12. Octolony shore

Octolony shore Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Its a bit like would you rather shag Susan Boyle or Anne Widdecombe?
    Personally I would rather have a wank. I might not watch either fight.

13. james5000

Apr 11, 2010
    Twentyman you are a hater and are always trying to have a dig at Jr.

1) Murray and Jr are not the same person. Murray is a former inmate and will never have the same drawing power or commercial value as CEJ. Murray doesn't have any negotiating power he has to get what he's offered. GGG for example has always taken the lions share even against Brook and has never conceded even to make a megafight, why don't he get stick?

2) Murrays resume isn't anything special CEJ's wins against Chudinov and Quinlan are probably better than anything Murray has ever done and don't bring up robberies, CEJ arguably beat BJS too but we don't count that do we. You have very high praise for Murray but the reality is their CV's are much closer than you will admit. Murray has also kept on getting opportunities when he has been losing every decent fight other than beating a few bums.

CEJ has beaten names as good if not better than other guys that have fought for titles so he ain't undeserving but the reality is he does bring money to the table, a lot more than Murray ffs so it is only fair he takes some home

14. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    Jr is in a similar position to what Murray was a few times in his career. Murray went the normal route of fighting who he needed to for a shot at a title, Jr went the batsh1t crazy route of the IBO then claiming it earns him a seat at the world table.

Jr could easily have fought Tommy Langford who is highly ranked with the WBO. He's only a fight or so away with the IBF to get himself into a mandatory spot as well.

Him (or more likely his Dad), have decided they are better off using the Eubank name for opportunities than work with any recognised promoter.

I'm actually someone who doesn't mind Jr and I'll be backing him when he steps up. But you can't really compare him with Murray who has always done things the hard way.

15. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    You're mistaking me not buying into the hype for hating. I think he's class to watch but he's unproven at world level and will stay that way unless he stops yapping on and actually fights someone at that level.

You're correct and make a fair point, Eubank does has more drawing power and commercial value...but why do you think that is? The fight poster for the fight with Quinlan will answer that.

GGG hasn't always took the lions share of a purse, he earned it by knocking everyone out and making a name for himself.

Saying that Quinlan (and Chudinov) is better than anything Murray has done is ridiculous mate and you know it.

I have admitted several times that I support Murray being a local lad, but I'm also very critical of him and aware of his limitations has a fighter.