Which fight do u want to see next?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by pne buz, Dec 5, 2018.

Which fight do you want to see next?

1. Fury v Wilder rematch

9 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Wilder v Joshua

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  3. Fury v Joshua

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  1. pne buz

pne buz Active Member Full Member

Apr 20, 2008
    I have to say the rematch.unfinished business.

2. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Joshua vs Wilder for the undisputed heavyweight championship. (WBA/WBC/WBO/IBF/IBO/GBP (aka Ring)/TBRB)

Fury can challenge the winner (probably Joshua) if he wants.

3. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    This. On paper it’s also the most exciting fight.

SambaKing1993 likes this.
  4. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Rematch for me as well. Agree with the OP, it's unfinished business.

5. Smudge_

Jan 23, 2018
    It would be for all the belts, but it wouldn't create an undisputed champion, not literally undisputed anyway. It will be hotly disputed since Wilder shouldn't have a belt to defend.

6. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    The world wants to see a unified fight between the current belt holders.

We have already seen what happens between Wilder and Fury - tip tap avoid, tip tap avoid then in runde 12 booooooooooooom.

Scissors likes this.
  7. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    The lineal 'roided and robbed' champion must never be out of the picture - maybe get him in with Big Baby Miller in a UK £99.99 PPV special with Brook v Khan on the undercard

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    305th likes this.
  8. Robney

Jan 18, 2010
    Tyson was "officially" undisputed without even having the Ring strap at the time. The winner of the Joshi vs Windmiller fight would also be considered "lineal" by the TBRB for instance, while others prefer another lineage. Still, the winner of that fight woould be the real champion, not some "yes, but if... then... maybe... also... unless... because..." champion.

9. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    As Fury is the number one, let the other two fight and knock lumps out of each other and Fury will get the winner!

10. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Fury already beat Wilder. What is the point in a rematch?

The next fight that I want to see is number 2 vs number 1. Fury vs AJ.

I would like them to take that April date, and tell Whyte to jog on.

11. Smudge_

Jan 23, 2018
    Aye I get all that. But I was meaning undisputed as in it's definition, not officially, in boxing terms. Because it is disputed and rightly so because Wilder just lost to Fury.

12. Robney

Jan 18, 2010
    True. But there have been many instances of disputed wins for the undisputed title in the past (just think about the Ali vs Norton III riot). Still, it stayed official non the less, and Ali was the very disputed undisputed champion.

Smudge_ likes this.
  13. Double J

Double J Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2017
    Does Wilder have a contract with Showtime? AJ does with DAZN so not sure how American TV Will work for that one.
    Fury AJ is obvious. No way BT agree for it to be Sky and vice versa. Imagine Eddie letting AJ on BT, no chance.

Only one easy to make is Wilder Fury in terms of TV.

Can see egos outside of the ring ruining this for fighters and fans.

Scissors and 305th like this.
  14. 305th

305th Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 28, 2018
    Same. Going to be a long, tedious wait for Fury AJ for a whole host of reasons.

Not least the TV factor, plus the fact that avoiding Fury means Joshua can keep his endorsements as he won't be risking his 0 getting schooled, which he will be in definite danger of fighting Fury.

The question is how much is Fury going to build his profile, (calling Joshua out while he's doing it) and secondly can Eddie keep the plates spinning for credible opponents that keep the casuals buying PPV's. Only the most hardcore of MR fans will blithely accept Whyte, Pulev then Miller over the next two years and remain convinced, which is why I think all of a sudden Eddie may suddenly have found his pen re a contract with Wilder.

Only issue with that is I can't imagine Finkel and Haymon agreeing to a UK bout for a match that could damage Wilder's standing unless the money and split offered is very favorable indeed.

Time will tell but you'll get an idea fairly soon if he seems to be artificially pushing through fighters like Miller and Usyk through the ranks faster than normal.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018