which fight have you watched the most times?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Nemesis, Aug 21, 2007.

1. salsanchezfan

salsanchezfan Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Tough to say. Probably Saad-Lopez II or Chacon-Limon IV, just because they are such majestic things that transcend boxing. In these fights, it breaks down to a serious test of the will of a man, and that's what I like watching.

2. Thread Stealer

Thread Stealer VIP Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Tua-Ruiz is up there.

If I have a few minutes to waste I'll watch it ten times.

3. Azania

Azania Active Member Full Member

Oct 26, 2006
    For me;

In no particular order:

Hamed-Barrera:I became Marco's lifetime fan after this one.Talk about a schooling.Maybe it's because I hated that ***** Hamed that much..

Ali-Liston1:Never tire of this one.This was peak Ali looking unbelievably fast.I've always said,I battle to think of any other heavyweight that could caught with this version of Ali.Sheer brilliance...He hands looked faster than most MWs.Classic.

SRR-Lamota5:The Sugarman,putting on a masterclass.I've yet to see a cat rattle off 7-8 shots...all of them landing flush...while moving.Lamotta got busted on this one...A master at work.Watch it all the time.

Hopkins-Trinidad:Still can't believe how BHop schooled my boy Tito here.I keep watching just to see if Tito could have done anything different to turn the tide..And everytime,I can't find nothing...Bhop's finest hour.

N'dou-Baloyi:Two South African gladiators locking horns for all the marbles.This was the last vintage Phillip fight IMO...The way the battlle see-sawed back and forth still gives me goose pumps up to this day....Baloyi got seriously busted in this one...He had his moments,but N'dou had the harder and faster shots...I always marvel at how he changes strategy towards the ned and boxes off his toes..This is the N'dou that should have fought Floyd...Could have been interesting...This kid had a hard right hand.

There's many more that I watch on the regular.I'll holla later.

4. TBooze

TBooze Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Honestly: Warring/Pritchard;)

I do not see the thing in watching fights time after time; highlights maybe, but not normally the whole fight.

As for Whitaker; anyone who has sat though a Whitaker fight more than twice, is either lying or just doing it to prove a point they believe they have to make.;)

Whitaker was an amazing boxer and a great artist of our sport, I accept and appreciate that, but lets be honest: 99.999999999% want to see a blood guts brawl, and would rather watch 4 round novices fight if it is a good brawl rather than a Whitaker re-run...

5. My dinner with Conteh

My dinner with Conteh Tending Bepi Ros' grave again Full Member

Dec 18, 2004
  6. Sweet Science

Sweet Science Peaceful Muslim Warrior Full Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Lately I've been watching:

Toney vs Jirov

It's a great, often overlooked fight.

7. JohnThomas1

JohnThomas1 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Short fight ~ Hearns - Duran
    Long fight ~ Holyfield - Tyson

8. George W Hedge

George W Hedge Member Full Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Exact same as me, tho Im not sure which 1 Ive seen most.
    Morales & Ali are my 2 fav figjhters, Ali`s win was more convincing where as Erik`s was the better action fight.

:good

9. redrooster

redrooster Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Animal Fletcher-James Green for most smoking fight and Green was the man to beat.

10. Stonehands89

Stonehands89 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 12, 2005
    ...especially technique.

11. LeedsLad

LeedsLad Active Member Full Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Barrera-Morales Trilogy, Trinidad-Vargas, Calzaghe-Lacy, Calzaghe-Mitchell, Mayweather-Gatti, Benn-Eubank I & II.

All fights iv watched many times..

12. amhlilhaus

amhlilhaus Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 24, 2005
    douglas v tyson, never get tired of seeing mike busted up.

If I had my copy of foreman-lyle still that might top it.

13. Lacyace

Lacyace Forever Knight Full Member

Nov 6, 2005
    Ali vs Frazier III.

14. NickHudson

NickHudson Active Member Full Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Not me, you speak for yourself there Booze.

I would rather watch paint dry than two novices belting each other. You gain more from ring artistry from multiple viewings...

15. TBooze

TBooze Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 22, 2006
    OK then...;)