Which fight was better: AJ vs Klitschko or Fury vs Wilder III

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Flo_Raiden, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Mighty

Mighty The Gypsy King banned Full Member

Sep 17, 2021
    Yeah he is the biggest name in terms of ducking, cherrypicking, granddad picking, getting beating by burger merchant and former CW.

Joshua is English nation's and Hearns' dog. His owners choosed his resume with corpse guys cause they know that he would got beaten badly by a truly good boxer. Usyk showed that.

And he isn't the most popular HW atm. Fury is much more popular in US and as popular as AJ in UK. Fury beats his opponents in away. Joshua got beaten like a stepchild in his first away bout.

2. Finkel

Finkel Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 10, 2020
    Fury is my favourite heavyweight, but that "shot to pieces old" version of Klitschko beats the version of Fury who fought at the weekend. Fury was fat and slow.
    If the Fury from fight 2 showed up, Wilder doesn't go past the third round. The Joshua from that fight stops them both too.

Fury v Wilder 3 was an incredibly entertaining fight, but it was because both of them came in way too heavy, and it turned into a war of attrition and heart.

djfonti, gollumsluvslave and BCS8 like this.
  3. Bokaj

Bokaj Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2008
    AJ vs Wlad because of higher skill level. Wilder was extrenely brave but down right atroticious for much of the fight and Fury wasn't very sharp either.

4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Wlad-AJ was more or a see-saw battle for longer. But Fury-Wilder 3 was more intense and brutal.
    Wlad really wasn't sharp against AJ when he had him hurt, and that kind of tainted the fight. Fury and Wilder were a bit sloppy the other night but Wlad's failure to finish AJ was one of the worst I've seen. 41 years old though, to be fair.

5. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    I enjoyed both fights and need to revisit AJ Klitch, but the Fury Wilder fight was more entertaining. A little sloppy at times and Fury was expected the win but the fourth round made it interesting and there were some great exchanges. I thought the Fury Wilder fight was a great one, very entertaining and one of the best HW fights in a long time. Fury could have easily outboxed him but he wanted to knock him out. He ate a few big shots in the process but it was worth it. Great fight.

6. VOXDEI

VOXDEI DUNCE Full Member

May 17, 2021
    AJ v Klitschko was more significant in boxing history.

Fury v Wilder III was probably more entertaining as a war and a spectacle.

Joeywill likes this.
  7. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
  8. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    AJ vs Wlad was good considering one of them had come out of a two-year retirement to take the fight and was over the age of 40. Despite this, Wlad fought well in a barnstormer against an exciting version of AJ that doesn't exist anymore. Great fight.

Both Fury and Wilder were closer to their combined peaks than AJ and Wlad, and the 11th round finish was more spectacular and conclusive than its equivalent in the AJ vs Wlad fight. So I'd give last weekend's bout the edge but both were exciting scraps...

Finkel likes this.
  9. Jpreisser

Jpreisser Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 29, 2015
    I am wondering how Joshua vs. Klitschko was more significant? Fury vs. Wilder III was for the Heavyweight Championship of the World, while Joshua vs. Klitschko was essentially a fight of two top contenders. Joshua-Klitschko was widely seen as a passing-of-the-torch moment, but in retrospect it's been Fury who held it and then recaptured it by stopping Wilder.

I preferred Fury vs. Wilder III. As I stated, it was for the Lineal Title, unlike Joshua vs. Klitschko. And while Joshua vs. Klitschko was more competitive and skillful, it was by and large a pecking contest; whereas the sloppier, more physically taxing aggression of Fury vs. Wilder III gave it a greater sense of drama. Fury put himself in constant danger to overcome the division's hardest banger. That's the sort of risk-taking Joshua nor Klitschko could match. On top of that, you had the years of personal and fan drama that made the air of tension more sinister, that a knockout was the definitely the end-goal for each man. On the opposite end, Joshua's and Klitschko's demeanor felt more sportsmanlike and that both would have been happy to go the distance.

Carl Weathers likes this.
  10. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Wilder -Fury had a bit more drama as both men tried to end the other when they had them hurt, and throughout the fight.

In Wlad-AJ Wlad did not try and finish AJ when he had him hurt instead let off the gas as he thought AJ would tire.