Which fights did Manny Pacquiao show the most skill?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by KeedCubano, Nov 20, 2020.

1. KeedCubano

KeedCubano Read my posts in a Jamaican accent Full Member

Jul 21, 2019
    which ones? i thought he looked terrific in the margarito fight.

2. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    This might be a shocking pick, but I'd say Brandon Rios. Pacquiao put on a masterclass boxing clinic demonstrating a potent offense and excellent defense. He barely got hit and he was in control of every second of the fight. And this was coming off of a yearlong lay off after KTFO6.

The Oscar fight was also a masterclass taught by Professor Pacquiao.

3. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    His head-movement was really good in Bradley III. So was his offensive timing, he just couldn't miss with that straight left.

I actually think the first Bradley fight is a very underrated performance. He showed he was a damn good body puncher, especially with his right hook and left lead. He showed a nice short uppercut, and very skill skills off the ropes.

I always thought his ability to turn someone, reset, then change the angle after stringing a combination together was brilliant vs Margarito and Clottey. He also showed how he'd pry open a nice tight guard vs both of those guys. Very nice lineal and lateral movement in those two as well.

He showed good out-boxing game vs Rios, too IIRC.

HellSpawn86, sasto and latineg like this.
  4. George Crowcroft

Mar 3, 2019
    I thought his right hand was very good here, and was very good vs another southpaw, David Diaz. He seemed to like not having to get around someone's lead foot.

JOKER and northpaw like this.
  5. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Vs. David Diaz, that was such a phenomenal fight. I still remember David Diaz saying, "it's not the power, it's the speed". That level of discouragement that Pac inflicted onto him.................just a great showcase.

sasto, JOKER, Dannymita and 1 other person like this.
  6. Dannymita

Dannymita Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2019
    The Diaz fight for me... Against fairly limited opposition but that performance was just absolutely relentless n beautiful.... I actually sat up after that n was like..... Yeah... P4P1

7. Dannymita

Dannymita Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2019
    "it doesn't hurt he's just too ****in fast" lol

8. Stiff Jab

Stiff Jab Despiser of Super-Middleweights Full Member

Jan 7, 2019
    The Cotto fight will always be the answer to me. That was his skills at head-movement, counter-punching, offensive timing, and footwork meeting his crazy athleticism, speed, and punching power forming their best combination. As he got older his skills got better and when he was younger he was even more of a crazy raw talent, but that was the best fight where they "met in the middle".

Ph33rknot, HellSpawn86, sasto and 3 others like this.
  9. Stiff Jab

Jan 7, 2019
    It's why I think he still has a chance against Crawford (not the greatest of chances, but a chance.) When he doesn't have to deal with southpaw/orthodox stuff, he shines. Crawford may switch and find himself getting overwhelmed...or he might not.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  10. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    This. When he beat Barrera he was just a complete freak of nature machine. In a similar way that young Roy Jones was. And then later against Rios and 3rd Bradley fight he was a more complete technician. The Cotto fight was the blend of these two Pac's.

HellSpawn86 likes this.
  11. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    Mayweather fight was another great performance. He was countering the **** out of Floyd's jab and going tit for tat with punches landed. The massive letdown (in action) and outcry from the fight overshadowed everything Pac did.

Neither man did much, but Pac was right there with Floyd.

12. Stiff Jab

Jan 7, 2019
    I'm begging all the usual suspects...please, PLEASE let Joker's post go. Just let it go. Pretty please?

13. George Crowcroft

Mar 3, 2019
    Yeah, let's not ruin this thread.

14. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    I thought he looked phenomenal against Clottey

15. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    I thought he was looking pretty good versus JMM in #4. He was boxing well up until he got caught. I believe he was even up on the cards to that point.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020