Which hard punchers is the best ? Skinny, Bodybuilder or Fat/Thick Type

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by OP_TheJawBreaker, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Bigcheese

Bigcheese Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 7, 2015
    I think I'd add a 4th category which would be your Dempsey and Louis types. Of the 3 listed you are definitely better off being skinny as overly large guys tend to have cardio issues.

louis54 likes this.
  2. Mike_b

Mike_b Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 9, 2020
    One time I was playing badminton with some friends, sorry ot, but there were a mixture of powerful guys there. The hardest spiker was a guy who was tall and skinny type he hit the birdie to the ground the fastest, like a bomb from deontay or Hearns. I know that in badminton there is no contact, but I wouldn't want to get hit by his punches. 2nd place was a girl with strength stocky thick build, good at every shot and spike like a combo puncher with power. She defied the rule that guys are stronger than girls

3. Flash24

Flash24 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    The lean skinny type Are Some of the greatest punchers in history for their respective weight classes
    Zarate, Arguello, Cervantes, "Little Red"Lopez, Hearns, Saddler, Robinson,Garza, Jackson,McClean, Spinks, Foster at Lt. Heavy That type of body produced
    some of the most spectacular ko's in history. Than I would go with the thick muscled " country boy strong " type, like Foreman, Liston, Marciano, Shavers, R. Carter, J.Mugabi, Tiger, Zamora, Greb, Graziano,Zale, Walker. They had that clubbing, thuding type of power, brute strength with good leverage. The thin guys usually had more electric type of ko's, generally they were taller than their opponents, had great technique, got great leverage against usually a shorter foe.

4. OP_TheJawBreaker

OP_TheJawBreaker NOBODY hit like that guy! Full Member

Jun 23, 2021
    A really good explanation, Thank you very much

5. roughdiamond

roughdiamond Ridin' the rails... Full Member

Jul 25, 2015
    The type with two arms and two legs.