Which Knockout was more shocking? Roy Jones vs Tarver or Pacquiao vs Marquez?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Thesenuts, Mar 15, 2023.

?

1. Roy Jones

2. Pacquiao

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Rjj pac had been knocked out before.

drenlou likes this.
  2. PIPO23

PIPO23 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 18, 2006
    I agree. That was shocking in a way that for 3 fights Marquez could only manage to buzz Pac. Then in the 4th he has dropping Manny. I mean forget the KO when he dropped Manny in the 1st or 2nd round? I was like whoa crazy isshh. The KTFO with his nose split blood all over his mouth etc. Then he delivered the coup de gras. It was over when it looked like Pac was going to stop him too. hahaha crazy fight and sequence.

Fogger likes this.
  3. box33

box33 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 25, 2021
    Pipo your still mad at Manny for calling out Duterte over his corruption, let it go bro.

4. box33

Jul 25, 2021
    Pimp where you been, been a while, what you been up to?

5. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    I'm good been busy with my businesses. How you been?

box33 likes this.
  6. box33

Jul 25, 2021
    Oh that's good to hear man, yeah i've been doing okay same old here

7. PIPO23

May 18, 2006
    You is right.After Honarable president owned him . No coming from that.Just take his L.Move on.Hahaha manny flexed but didnt know this is chess not checkers.Brilliant Du30 let pacquack play himself how about them apples.He doesnt even know it until its too late.Check mate!!LOL.

8. box33

Jul 25, 2021
    Hard to follow the politics over there but what ever happened with the millions they found missing that never ever went to public for Covid relief?

9. PIPO23

May 18, 2006
    You gotta have roid jones in the top 10 glass chin or top 15 of all time, surely.

10. PIPO23

May 18, 2006
    Well all i know we got our own version of liberal party over there .Whom the Honorable Duterte destroyed brilliantly.Nothing but peace and tranquility.Yes we got out own kamala harris, biden and all these woke libby put in the trash bin where it belongs.Hahaha!! Du30 brilliant master mind beleh dat.

11. box33

Jul 25, 2021
    Who knows what's what, like most politics the public rarely knows anything for certain on either side, but there is major corruption all over there that we do know.

12. bigtime-skills

bigtime-skills Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 20, 2007
    "He not getting up Jim" vs
    "Any excuses tonight Roy"

WOW, ironically enough these were fights involving rematches with guys (Tarver and Marquez) who really had the # of the more legendary fighters per se.
    Tarver gave Roy HELL in the Amateurs and always believed only his drug problems costed him the spot Roy took.
    Marquez on the other hand ALWAYS gave Manny hell, so I wasn't so surprised at the result(s) because I always felt Roy would wilt under the right kind of pressure and I knew Manny was going to the well ONCE TOO OFTEN being Bob Arum's puppet.

I'll go with the Marquez knockout simply because I believe IF Juan Manuel Marquez never landed that shot, we would have NEVER seen Pacquaio/Mayweather. That was the fight that put Mayweather in the ULTIMATE bargaining position, while ALSO seeing Manny's brain get scrambled.

13. bjl12

bjl12 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Sep 26, 2012
    At the time 100% RJJ but in hindsight Manny. RJJ looked faded in the 1st fight and losing all that muscle was unnatural. It wasnt surprising in hindsight.

Manny was still on his Superman run and legitimately looked invincible. Stunning how he lost, really.

Fogger likes this.
  14. Fogger

Fogger Father, grandfather and big sports fan. Full Member

Aug 9, 2021
    From a strictly historic point of view, the Jones KO was more stunning and surprising. However, when actually watching the fights live I was way more shocked by the suddenness of the Pacquiao KO.

kirk likes this.
  15. Rumsfeld

Rumsfeld Moderator Staff Member

Jul 19, 2004
    They were both equally shocking and surreal when viewing them live in my experience.

It wasn't the outcome that was so shocking in either instance. It was the sheer single punch brutality in conjunction with the unexpected.

kirk and Fogger like this.