Which THREE FIGHTS for LUCIAN BUTE after Berrio to prepare for CALZAGHE + KESSLER?***

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Decebal, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Decebal

Decebal Lucian Bute Full Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Let's hear some names in order of preference, Amsterdam!

2. DanePugilist

DanePugilist God vs God - Death Angel Full Member

Oct 14, 2006
    Precision > Speed. Kessler is the most accurate puncher of the three. There are so many intangibles that predicting based on assets/weaknesses would be folly.

I agree that its virtually impossible to predict the outcome of these matches, since as you say they are all masters of their given field. I will believe that Kessler has what it takes to beat these men, until proven otherwise.

Calzaghe has struggled before, Kessler has not - I know that means little, but thats why my money is on Kessler til someone has his number.

3. DanePugilist

Oct 14, 2006
    If he loses there is only one fighter he should meet first, and that would be Mundine.

4. Decebal

Mar 10, 2007
    That is the obvious choice. Unless someone had beaten Mundine by then...:good

5. Decebal

Mar 10, 2007
    "...unless someone had beaten Mundine by then...":lol:

6. boxfan99

boxfan99 Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Of course he does, just too bad he won't fight anybody worth a damn to prove it.:p Oh yeah, I forgot, he already proved it against Lacy and therefore never has to fight anybody good again.:D

7. boxfan99

Dec 25, 2006
    Mundine II, just to kill all the rumours about how Mundine has transformed into an unbeatable entity since they last fought.:yep

8. DanePugilist

Oct 14, 2006
    Unless Berrio beats Bute:lol: .

If Kessler beats Mundine. Then his sights most be on either Bute or a rematch with Calzaghe(depending on how the fight pans out).

9. Decebal

Mar 10, 2007
    Bute has a good chance of getting his hands on the IBF belt. He will then hope to be an attractive option for the one who loses between Calzaghe and Kessler. That would mean he has until, say, April-May 2008 at the latest to get some more experience. Berrio is in September. January could be his first defence! Damn, that would mean just one more fight between Berrio and JC-MK loser...he would really have to make it count, because there is much to learn...I would go for Andrade or Lacy...or...if I was pushed: Mundine...so...I would let Froch and Inkin fight it out between themselves, if I only had one match to prepare...

looks exciting doesn't it?

in the next year or so we could witness:

Bute v. Berrio
    Froch v. Inkin
    Calzaghe v. Kessler
    Andrade v. Lacy
    Kessler v. Mundine
    Bute v. Andrade/Lacy/Mundine
    Bute v. Calzaghe/Kessler
    :happy :happy :happy :happy :happy :happy

but, Mundine, Andrade and Lacy would probably also want to have a fight in the meantime...it would be nice to see Andrade v. Lacy and then Bute against the winner or against Mundine...in the meantime, Mundine should take on a puncher...god knows whom...Kessler!!!

10. boxfan99

Dec 25, 2006
    Up until recently I held Calzaghe as a 55-45 favourite against Kessler, but after having seen Calzaghes latest performances I now hold Kessler as a 60-40 favourite. Calzaghe is simply not the fighter he once was anymore.:-(

I think Kesslers biggest chance against Dawson is to simply KO him, since Dawson doesn't seem to have the best chin around, I still have to pick Dawson to win a UD though.

11. Decebal

Mar 10, 2007
    :lol: :good

12. Decebal

Mar 10, 2007
    that seems wise...in that case there's more time for Bute to develop:yep

13. Decebal

Mar 10, 2007
    any thoughts?:think

14. nervousxtian

nervousxtian Trolljegeren Full Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Should this thread be about who fights Kessler after Bute loses to either Berrio, Froch, or Inkin?

15. Decebal

Mar 10, 2007
    no...this thread assumes that Bute beats Berrio and aims to fight some fights which if he wins them, would prepare him for JC and MK...This said, which fights should these be?