Which THREE FIGHTS for LUCIAN BUTE after Berrio to prepare for CALZAGHE + KESSLER?***

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Decebal, Jun 17, 2007.

1. DanePugilist

DanePugilist God vs God - Death Angel Full Member

Oct 14, 2006
    Yes, I saw the Manfredo match - commentated by our own Claus Borre. And I have never argued against what you are saying now - the match was stopped, because it clearly showed that Manfredo was overmatch - which he equally would be if he met any other top 5 guy at SMW.

The guys high ranking is a joke. His performance vs JC was utterly embarressing.. The fight was not stopped because of JC(nor have I ever claimed that(check out my post-match post, right after the fight)), but because of Manfredos reluctance to do anything at all. But saying that JC has looked like **** - doesn't seem right based on that fight - slapping or not. To me he did what he should do.

Nor I have said anything about the "myth" - I just explained what I felt went on inside JCs head against Bika - which is merely speculation on my part.

The last part made me giggle though - good stuff.

2. boxfan99

boxfan99 Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 25, 2006
    I see we mostly agree, but I just wan't to make one thing completely clear, I have never ever said Calzaghe looked like ****, all I said was that he didn't look that good in his latest fights.

Regarding the myth part, that wasn't directed especially at you. I still think Calzaghe was 100% set up for his fight against Bika, heck he would be interested in showing his a-game on HBO, I would think.

3. DanePugilist

DanePugilist God vs God - Death Angel Full Member

Oct 14, 2006
    alrighty then:good:thumbsup - sorry that I misquoted you.

I think your explanation concerning the Bika fight was better than mine.

4. Odo

Odo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 25, 2004

Why not? Seriously,Golovkin still needs about 2 years and half a dozen of fights to take on any top gun,but he has talent,can punch,had a great amateur career(he won the silver medal at the last olympic tournament),and a powerful promoter.He can go very far IMO.

5. PrideOfWales

PrideOfWales Winston Zedmore Full Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Do it then! I've never seen him fight - I would feel like a fraud.