Who annoys you more? Yarde vs Okolie

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by James9753, Mar 20, 2019.

Who's more annoying?

1. Anthony Yarde

33 vote(s)
    64.7%
  2. Lawrence Okolie

18 vote(s)
    35.3%
  1. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    It's obviously very cringe, especially when he hasn't achieved that much as a pro.

2. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Fair enough I didn't perceive it that way... I just saw it as motivational between team members. Not blowing their trumpet kind of thing before they even stepped up.

He ain't a fraud till he steps up and we see what he is made off. But he's being managed safely just like many other fighters today.

3. Max Thunder

Max Thunder Proud member of the Cult of Vikings Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Okolie has 11 pro fights and fought Chamberlain, Watkins and Askin last year which makes anything Yard has done laughable. Now he's apparently lined up to fight Whyte and he has a very good chance to win that too.

4. mckay_89

mckay_89 Haw you! Full Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Okolie has an awful style to watch but he's being brought on properly against decent opposition who present different styles. He's also not trying to claim he's the biggest name in the Cruiserweight division and refusing fights against world champions as he thinks he ought to be the 'A SIde'.

Mitch87, Twentyman and Scissors like this.
  5. DavidJames

DavidJames Active Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Okolie: ACTUALLY does fight people with pulses but I'd prefer it if he didnt because he is just so bad to watch. Also has a bad attitude and high opinion of himself...

Accurate and Scissors like this.
  6. Power_tek

Power_tek Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2018
    I’m pretty sure I didn’t say those things or even hint at thinking like that, he just comes across very arrogant particular in those training videos.

7. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    The claims that team yarde make, do annoy me, but I do like yarde himself.
    He seems a nice guy who's enjoying what he's doing.

Accurate likes this.
  8. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Yarde seems alright but the fella who acts as his mouthpiece is an absolute weapon.

I liked Okolie’s reaction to Dean Whyte’s pep talk. Showed that he’s a decent lad as well. He’s stepping up through the levels albeit in a really eye sore way. He will get a lot of kudos from me if he honours Askin with a rematch though.

Dragon Punch likes this.
  9. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Neither of them are annoying, they both seem like level headed, decent young men.

10. KingKO

KingKO El Terrible Full Member

Feb 2, 2019
    It's been said throughout the thread but despite his horrible style, Okolies trajectory can only be applauded, he's stepped in to fight all his domestic rivals. Yarde however, hasn't fought any domestic rivals and has worked his way up the rankings by fighting easy, cherry picked opponents.

Time will tell but I think European level will be the ceiling for both.

11. NasalSpray

NasalSpray Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Okolie is rubbish at talking, he needs someone like like Carl Frochs alcoholic brother Lee Froch to talk for him