Who are undeserving HOFs?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Rakesh, Sep 2, 2021.

1. GGGunbeatable

GGGunbeatable Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 14, 2014
    I wanted to say Ottke but I checked and I am glad he's not in the HOF.

chacal likes this.
  2. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    God Ottke does not need this bull**** HOF or other bull****.

3. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    IBHOF has become a joke for awhile now. So many more fighters that deserves to be in that are left out because they're not popular enough. Gatti being in was the last straw.

4. fistsof steel

fistsof steel Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Wish we had a Gatti fighting now......Might save Boxing.!!!

Jackstraw and C.J. like this.
  5. xqhour

xqhour New Member banned Full Member

Aug 23, 2021
    Vitali Klitschko - Awful resume

6. ForemanJab

ForemanJab Deus Vult Full Member

May 8, 2014
  7. Philly161

Philly161 "Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless" banned Full Member

Oct 25, 2020
    Yup. Also got outboxed by good but not great guys for several rounds before his power bailed him out. Again, none of this is to denigrate Gatti as an exciting fighter who deserves to be remembered. But if Gatti is in the HoF there's scores of guys throughout history, especially in the old days, who deserve to be in there too.

Al Bernstein was asked about this in his podcast and said he voted against Gatti getting in, and that he felt Gatti was a fighter worthy of remembering but would have preferred like a side exhibit about him without an induction because of the reasons you describe.

It seems like a sentimental pick because of his untimely death and because he had the affections of a lot of the boxing media.

Dangerwood84 and Holler like this.
  8. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Isn't every lineal HW champion up through the 90's in? If so then Braddock and Ingemar.

9. BangLikeMike

BangLikeMike New Member banned Full Member

Aug 30, 2021
    Naseem Hamed
    When he finally stepped up, the way in which got beat like a ragdoll by Barrera (who was moving up a division) in a one sided humbling beatdown mismatch. And subsequent early retirement knowing he could never compete with the best. Strongly indicates he definitely has no place whatsoever amongst a knowledgeable elite list in boxing such as the hall of fame.

10. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Ive had those kind of debates.. lol

11. willcross

willcross Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 11, 2006
    It's the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Skill. Gatti had a great style that made him really famous

12. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    .He was undefeated and should be strongly considered, like him or not. Not all of his wins were robberies...lol

GlassJoe and Perkin Warbeck like this.
  13. ForemanJab

ForemanJab Deus Vult Full Member

May 8, 2014
    Primo isn’t in.

Nonito Smoak likes this.
  14. JL Fighter

JL Fighter Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 24, 2009
    I agree.
    If you look at Joe Namath's stats (for example, more picks than TD's), yet he got in the HOF.

15. sasto

sasto Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 5, 2020
    I have this conversation with other baseball fans constantly, who have turned the Hall of Fame into a Hall of Stats.

To me it's not about making a Top N boxers list, it's more about who perpetuated boxing, demonstrated what it was about, and participated in the iconic moments of their era.

Gatti is still borderline though, at that point why not Ward and Augustus who were in a number of other bangers?

I'm OK with the idea of a big tent HoF. If Gatti wasn't in, no one would go there and say "wow that was so much fun not seeing anything about Arturo Gatti, how refreshing!" You go because you want to see your favorites and you don't think much about who isn't there.

At the same time, I hope they maintain some priciples even if they are broad.

GlassJoe, Jackstraw and willcross like this.