Who are undeserving HOFs?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Rakesh, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Philly161

Philly161 "Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless" banned Full Member

Oct 25, 2020
    I know it's not about PPV's, but if someone is saying fame is more important than skill then i expect the fighter to be really famous. the fighters you listed were great fighters on the merit of their skills and resume.

2. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    What people need to realize is that there are different categories to the hall of fame. They got refs, announcers, promoters and even actors in the hall of fame. Individuals make the hall by their contributions to boxing as a whole. If it were about records alone then it would be called the hall of boxing records. GTFOH with that yak about Gatti not deserving to be in the hall of fame. That trilogy with Ward is one of the best of all time.

The Real Lance likes this.
  3. Eggman

Eggman "The cream of the crop! Nobody does it better! Full Member

Dec 2, 2015
    If vitali wasn’t Wlads bro he wouldn’t be in

4. Eggman

Eggman "The cream of the crop! Nobody does it better! Full Member

Dec 2, 2015
    And if vitali didn’t have to mop up after Wlad he probably wouldn’t be in either
    HOF tag team champs

5. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Besides Gatti and McGuigan I also don’t think Mancini deserved an IBHOF spot. I still dont know what Ray Mancini did that made him considered for the IBHOF other than being a popular and exciting fighter.

To be quite honest I still don’t understand what qualifies to be considered for the IBHOF since there’s been questionable inductions and inconsistencies on what gets you in. If we’re really going by just FAME alone then that would be mean that Butterbean, Ricardo Mayorga, David Tua, Adrien Broner would also be qualified and I just don’t approve of that.

The fact that so many more deserving fighters are not in yet really makes me question the legitimacy of the IBHOF. It’s absolute garbage and it seems like anyone can get in. It’s become more of a popularity contest at this point.

The fighters listed below are ones that I think truly deserves the IBHOF spot more:

Ceferino Garcia, Lionel Rose, Michael Nunn, Ernesto Marcel, Santos Laciar, Gilberto Roman, Esteban DeJesus, Marlon Starling, Sumbu Kalambay, Rodrigo Valdez, Miguel Lora, Meldrick Taylor, Yuri Arbachakov, Sung Kil Moon, Chucho Castillo, Jiro Watanabe, Dariusz Michalczewski.

Jpreisser and Surrix like this.
  6. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    HOF is Yanks stuff.
    Ppl here are sometimes crying why D.M did not had danced under US business stable and did not had placed himself in away corner with Nobody Jones in US. LOL.
    Everyone who is not dumb does knows what had happened if Nobody Jones had been tested:p:p:p:p in Germany.

7. Dangerwood84

Dangerwood84 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2017
    That is a brilliant list, all excellent fighters but shoukd not be in a HOF, reservations should be for the undisputed greatest ever.

Jpreisser likes this.
  8. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Did had murican HOF nonsense noise get any impact outside of hole called US hole?

No one had cared about this bull***** outside of US.
    NEVER.
    Get this, NO ONE.

Ha ha ha, and this dream about ATG and HOF is for Yanks ONLY.
    ONLY for Yanks.
    NO one else besides YANKS cares about your bull****.

Perkin Warbeck likes this.
  9. GlassJoe

GlassJoe 1-99 TBE Full Member

Dec 8, 2012
    Augustus fits into the HOF on skill and fame, just not consistent application of that skill and desire. Otherwise, he's absolutely one of the people who made boxing special and unique to me.

C.J. and sasto like this.
  10. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
  11. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    My Uncle Azumah would have literally murdered him. Fenech is regarded more highly as are others who faced the Professor unlike Baroness McGuigan.

12. The Real Lance

Oct 29, 2012
    Fixed it for you poser...

C.J. likes this.
  13. The Real Lance

Oct 29, 2012
    Good post. Makes me wonder just how many "Die hard boxing fans" even understand the criteria.

14. PIPO23

PIPO23 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 18, 2006
    Yeah, but he aint no drug cheat. Canelo is and should never inducted in the hall of fame. As well as the rest of his crew. Reynoso crew should be banned from boxing world wide.I believe they are all on something. Even the receptionist in the gym.

C.J. likes this.
  15. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    This.

It is called the Hall of Fame, not “Hall of fighters with great Jabs” not “Hall of amazingly talented fighters”. Hall of Fame.

The fans loved Gatti and he loved them. When you ask people who have been in boxing their entire lives like Manny Steward or Jim Lampley what their favorite fights are, Gatti V Ward is always the first or second answer.

Brixton Bomber and C.J. like this.