Who as of now has done enough...

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Russell, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Russell

Russell VIP Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2007
    To gain entry into the IBHOF?

I think De La Hoya's going to be in there, probably largly because of the interest he by and far brought to the sport... All those mega fights, more than decent credentials, multiple titles, blah blah blah. Not an elite all time great but on paper he's got it all.

I also think time will make soften the view of all of the weird decisions Hoya was involved in as the next generation won't of experienced them first hand, among other reasons.

I dare say that Floyd Mayweather's only a few fights away from getting into
    the hall.

Thoughts?

2. Thread Stealer

Thread Stealer VIP Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Mayweather is not "a few fights away from the hall", he is already a lock for Canastota.

So are De La Hoya, Trinidad, Jones, Hopkins, Holyfield, Toney, Mosley, Barrera, Pacquiao, Morales.

More than likely, Calzaghe will get in, and Corrales probably will too. Same with Winky.

Recently retired fighters such as Tyson and Tszyu are locks as well. Hearns still is officially fighting, but he's another guaranteed HOFer. So is Chavez.

3. Russell

Russell VIP Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Er, okay. I guess I was trying to see it both ways that it could be viewed as of now.

Toney, bleh.

Credentials, yes... But all of the controversy surrounding his career?

Blah.

4. Thread Stealer

Thread Stealer VIP Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2005
    He'll still get in regardless, unless somehow there happens to be some evidence that is released that he juiced all those years prior to 2005.

The only question is whether or not he's a first ballot HOFer or waits a few years before getting in.