Who can beat Fury?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by VG_Addict, Jun 16, 2019.

1. VG_Addict

VG_Addict Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Is there anyone in the current HW division who you'd favor to beat Fury?

2. 22JM

22JM Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
  3. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    i think fury is the weakest of the top 4. skills, entertainment and hype aside, i think he is the easiest to beat, when everyone fights at their best. cool thing is, all 4 are flawed, so things can go south at any time, for any of them.

4. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Not a man born from his mother

Fury TKO's AJ, I said many years ago hell I made a thread on it AJ would be Fury's Ali Foreman job but Ruiz got there first.

Fury will TKO Wilder in the rematch (controversial one but MARK MY WORDS BOYS)

and Ruiz? takes an absolute pasting off him same as Whyte

Fury is leagues above the lot of them, always has been and always will be.

Potato80, CANNONBALL and Jacques81 like this.
  5. miniq

Oct 23, 2011
    Bruh Fury fought wilder at 60% and still schooled him.

AJ gets blattered worse than Fury did to Wlad because AJ doesn't know how to clinch and his chin is up in the air.

Ruiz doesn't land a damn punch, nor does Whyte. Fury's jabs their faces OFF.

MidniteProwler and Potato80 like this.
  6. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    all awesome stories.

7. Lesion of Doom

Lesion of Doom Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Wilder matches up with him best. Of course, Fury always is liable to come in unprepared and in that condition can lose to anyone.

8. miniq

Oct 23, 2011
    AJ is finished

Ruiz is going to batter him again EASILY.

You can't fixed such a heavily flawed defence, lack of stamina & glass chin.

9. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Imagine if Fury was even 70% vs 100% versions of all these uncoordinated windmilling buffoons, Herman Munster-esque wooden robots, and obese chocoholic giant penguins. 50% Fury takes all these pretenders to Slick School as it is but if he was even approaching 70% they'd all get toyed with, thoroughly humiliated, and battered to a pulp on the same night one after the other. I won't even contemplate what a 100% Fury would do to them because frankly I don't want that kind of disturbing imagery floating around in my mind.

MidniteProwler likes this.
  10. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    ruiz may in fact batter him again, i would still favor him to beat fury. they are all incomplete, and the way i see their deficiencies mesh, is the way i am making fight predictions.
    this is a fun situation thats been created at hw. there are 4, soon to be 5, top players, all have a fan base, all have an interesting story, and they are all so close in level, that any fight between them could get real competitive. this is a great situation to see how well we understand what we are seeing, and how much is fantasy just happening in our head.
    we will get a chance to see how well we know boxing.

11. KernowWarrior

KernowWarrior Bob Fitzsimmons much bigger brother. Full Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Tyson Fury can and has beaten Tyson Fury.

12. miniq

Oct 23, 2011
    How is Fury incomplete? what does he lack? especially compared to the rest of these bums.

AJ has rubbish defence, chin in the air, glassy chin, low stamina, basic combinations, cement feet and no heart

Wilder only has power...uses his height better than AJ, better chin, more heart and knows how to clinch, boxing ability is non existant compared to Fury though.

Whyte is basic and old man Chisora whooped him around the ring

Ruiz is too small wouldn't get past Fury's jab same for Whyte, jab shuts him down.

Now tell me how is Fury incomplete apart from maybe not hitting that hard for a 264lb man, but hell a man that big still hits hard.

13. covetousjuice

covetousjuice Putin did nothing wrong Full Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Contenders:

AJ: Slow and robotic. Strongly favor Fury.

Usyk: Still waiting to see how his abilities translate to heavyweight. Currently, he's too green to handle Fury. But maybe in the future he could be a threat on account of his high speed and good stamina.

Ruiz: Parker had success against Ruiz with outside boxing. Styles strongly favor Fury in my opinion.

Wilder: Their first fight was probably fairly a draw. I might have it 51:49 favoring Fury.

Whyte, Povetkin, Ortiz, Kownacki, and Miller are probably just too slow to deal with Fury. I envision them all plodding forward and taking jabs to the face for 12 rounds.

14. BrainyBoxer

BrainyBoxer Active Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2016
    No one to be honest.

15. miniq

Oct 23, 2011
    Fury made it 70:30 at 60% against Wilder

at 100% Fury should be a 90:10 favourite

AKA Wilder only has a punchers chance

but for some reason people are TOTALLY hypnotized by power in boxing. It totally overrules all logic and they favor it over a heavily superior boxer.

Fury TKO Wilder in the rematch and everyone is going to be shocked by it. They shouldn't be though. If you truly study boxing and know it you should be able to see this outcome/