Who could of predicted this?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by jmashyaka, Jan 11, 2017.

1. jmashyaka

jmashyaka Boxing Addict Full Member

May 7, 2016
    Burns at this stage of his career may become a unified champion. I wonder what the odds would have been for this after his loss to Figueroa jr.

Just shows how weak this division is I expect Crawford to become the only undisputed champ in boxing by the end of the year.

Well done to Hearn and Burns for getting back to this stage after a series of losses though.

YearZero and N17 like this.
  2. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Hardly anyone I would think!

I'm sure this thread will dissolve into the usual bashing of him and his losses, with Beltran he had a broken jaw for near on 10 rounds, Figueroa Jr came in overweight for his fight and most people expected him to KO Burns easily combined with the fact the ref was ridiculous and Crawford was simply better. People can't seem to take off their rose tinted glasses over the Beltran result as if it was somehow his fault.

No one's saying he's been an elite level fighter but he has been world class.

Haven't seen enough of his opponent but hope he wins, I think he's had a lot of hard fights and only has a couple of good fights left in him, make some good money and retire healthy.

Two Shakes, Gaz Say and N17 like this.
  3. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    Yeah Burns really is a weird case, I like him though his not a quitter the guy has rebuilt his career over and over again.

With that being said he's a spent force at this stage if indongo is anywhere near top 10 level he will beat Burns because I had Burns losing his last fight to relikh and Zlatacanin really put a beating on him in that fight. Would love it if he wins and makes some money in a unification with Crawford like you said.

4. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Tough fight but winnable, if Burns can get the W it would be an amazing achievement.

5. Odins beard

Odins beard Fentanyl is one hell of a drug.... Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Burns is the very definition of an over achiever, but fair play to him he has a career to be proud of.

6. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Its fabricated and his lucky shjouild have lucked out with Gonzalez but no so ride it as little but lucky then against Beltran luckily matched how much luck does one guy get in a career
    Ricky khan
    Amir burns

7. delboy82

delboy82 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2014
    and i thought it was us Glaswegians that were known for drinking too much !! can you retype that again in a coherent manner !! not havin a go it just seems you mistyped half the post or something !

8. delboy82

Feb 18, 2014
    ps Amir would kill to have the chin, stamina or heart that Ricky has !!!

9. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    Whilst I'm not khans biggest fan nor do I agree or even understand half what that guy said about Burns, we can't question Amir's heart. He's chin and defense are his biggest defects.

10. delboy82

Feb 18, 2014
    heart doesnt just apply to in the ring, willingness to train hard all year round, maybe i should have used the word commitment, yeah sorry commitment woulda' been a better term

11. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    Yeah in terms of commitment then your right, however you may not be as committed to taking risky fights if you got knocked out in nearly every single one you've been in loool.

12. billy nelson

billy nelson the fighting scots gym Full Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Ricky should Defo get much more credit than he deserves, I'd love to see him unify the titles, in all honesty the Russians never took ingulo over to Moscow thinking he had much of a chance and he won spectacularly
    Ricky should stand him on his head, however this guy being a southpaw and Ricky not looking as good has he used too I think the fight may be close, with Ricky coming out a winner

13. ashishwarrior

Apr 19, 2010
    Its this ****ing tablet and its predictive to llocks

14. ashishwarrior

Apr 19, 2010
    Chin maybe but all I ever hear is khan as massive heart and balls
    Its confusing