who do you rank higher ATG Lewis or Holyfield?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Relentless, Jul 7, 2007.

1. paulfv

paulfv Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Lewis has two 1-punch KO defeats. That's not good on anyone's record, let alone someone who is a supposed 'all-time great.' Holyfield, who is FAR smaller than Lewis, has how many 1-punch KO losses? 1? In Bowe-Holy II, I think.

Lewis is like the 7 foot guy in a dunk contest - it's just not that impressive. Holyfield is the 6 foot guy who has to give everything and is therefore much more appreciated. I remember how disgusted I was when Lewis got the decision against Mercer. That's when I knew Lewis was nothing special. He was a very large man with a good right hand. A credit to the sport, for sure, but more than anything the right guy at the right time. That he elevated Hasim Rahman to champion status is one of the sorrier chapters in HW history.

2. sandwichsurgeon

sandwichsurgeon Active Member Full Member

Feb 23, 2007
    If you want to nitpick then what about Ruiz, Toney, Bowe and all the other guys that beat Holyfield (including Lewis himself), you can say "oh well Roidyfield was shot" but can you honestly say Lewis was at his best against Rahman? no you cant because he was unmotivated. No wonder promoters protect their fighters look what happens otherwise.