Who do you think won the Derek Chisora vs Dillian Whyte fight?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Boxing125, Dec 11, 2016.

1. FartWristedBum

FartWristedBum I walk this Earth like a bum Full Member

Feb 6, 2014
    If strictly sticking to scoring rules, I give this to Whyte by 1/2 rounds but should have been a draw, no-one deserves a loss for that display. Best "****" fight since Fury-Chisora 1.
    DelBwoy did persistently punch Whyte in the d1ck though, I know it's no tickling contest but...yikes.

Chuck Wepner likes this.
  2. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Watch the last round again

3. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Not a Chisora fan! Wasnt even a fan of rhe fight taking place but imo he clearly won

4. Chuck Wepner

Chuck Wepner Member Full Member

May 10, 2016
    Whyte by 2. Dereck fought a great fight but was trying to con the judges with 30 seconds of activity a round. Whyte was more accurate and landed more shots and was working for most of each round. People are giving too much credit to Dereck for the punches he landed that he loaded up on. Both fighters took some great punches and showed heart and ambition. Might post a DVD of the fight to Charles Martin, Kevin Johnson, Gary Cornish and Eric Molina.

5. Optimus Dime

Optimus Dime Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Sep 10, 2015
    Whyte 2 or 3 rounds.. and that's only because I'm patronising the slug.. I feel like my score should be out of wack the other kind.. Whyte did control the fight in every round.. 'I' agree him..

6. Optimus Dime

Optimus Dime Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Sep 10, 2015
    Whyte even out slug him TBH..

7. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    "I think you'll find boxing was the real winner today" - Yer da

8. Jobless Jarman

Jobless Jarman Member Full Member

Nov 11, 2015
    Felt Dillian won it clearly but was impressed by Dereck. He's a wily old pro and tried to catch the judges eyes in spurts. Dillian won by a couple of rounds for me. Great fight and would pay to see it again.

Canning likes this.
  9. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Chisora was the better fighter and he won the fight 115-113 on my card.

Had he done more in either the 9th,10th or 11th then he would have won the fight on the judges cards.

I think Chisora wins a rematch.

10. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Why not a re-match?

11. On_The_Ropes

On_The_Ropes Active Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2016
    I think the rematch will happen, Hearn seems quite keen on the idea & even Whyte though he initially said after the fight he wasn't interested in a rematch has recently told sky that he would take the fight.

Possibly on the AJ v Wlad undercard, Hearn should have a big enough budget to make a staked undercard for that fight.

12. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Chisora by a round for me.

13. Ilesey

Ilesey ~ Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Chisora edged it for me. After such a brave effort I feel for the guy that he didn't get the verdict. He really went all out in this one. Great, great fight.

14. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    I d actually rather pass on the rematch as great as it was. They ll end up finishing each other. Let them go there seperate ways. Whyte still relatively young prefer to see him get a proper run of things. Defo got some promise. No matter who hes in with you get the feeling hes not going down without a fight.

Also the way the heavyweight division is atm chisora can still come again. Think his performance against pulev was slightly underrated...he defo made a fight of it. Always rated him...just a bit too small for the big guys.

15. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    A rematch will happen because there is a lot of interest in it and it will pay them both more than any other fight. Expect the rematch in April-May time.