Who do you want to see Fury fight next?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Jul 13, 2020.

Who do you want to see Fury fight?

Poll closed Jul 27, 2020.
  1. Wilder

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. Whyte

25 vote(s)
    52.1%
  3. Usyk

7 vote(s)
    14.6%
  4. Parker

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Joyce/Dubois

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  6. Ruiz

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  7. Ortiz

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. Other

6 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Dude, did you just class Whyte and Usyk in the same mould?

One has an amateur record of 335-15, was unbeaten in the WSB, an Olympic heavyweight gold medalists and the unbeaten undisputed world cruiserweight champion. The other one is Dillian Shyte.

Mr Icaman, Inglis_1 and Scissors like this.
  2. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    whyte imo
    fury already ducked his own demands for this fight though
    a duck is a duck

3. Skyver

Skyver Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2015
    In truth there's only one fight pulling my plunger and it's the Joshua fight..then we will have the definitive King of the division.all the other options bore me personally.but staying on thread topic I'd go for whyte..why?

* he's earned the shot at the wbc title imo.
    * he will believe he can win & will come and have a go at fury.
    * fury will struggle(imo) to get the psychological edge pre-fights he usually does against a character like whyte who won't sit there and let fury run his mouth.
    * Edward & fwank will be forced to sit in the same room!..we might finally see Fwank's head explode.
    * entertainment guaranteed.

In fact who am I kidding i would love to see this!.

Yatezy, kojak, Oreet Cha! and 2 others like this.
  4. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Exactly this

5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    At this point, I'm happy to see him beat Wilder again, to be honest.
    It's kind of pointless but I don't give any of the others a better chance and at least we know Wilder will come to fight in good shape and has a puncher's chance to the end.

Skyver likes this.
  6. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Tyson Fury has only defeated and dethroned two long reigning World Champions on foreign soil - Tony Troll's points on Tyson's career are about as relevant as John Fury fighting his son over a comb.

7. SnoopyboyM

SnoopyboyM Active Member Full Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Whyte he deserves his shot would also really like to see Joshua vs Wilder

8. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Weird attitude. Is your idea of a good Premier League just Man City and Liverpool playing each other 38 times because they've got a better chance of beating each other than anyone else?

Especially weird given it's boxing and upsets happen. People are having these conversations about Fury as though Lewis Rahman, Klitschko Brewster, Tyson Douglas, Joshua Ruiz and so on never happened. He'll probably beat the likes of Whyte, Parker and so on but I'd rather see him do it than endlessly rematch the same one trick pony in Wilder.

9. Skyver

Skyver Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Agreed.the trilogy is happening so no point moaning about it really.

10. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    I like moaning about stuff that's happening anyway, keeps me in practice for when I moan about stuff that may not happen.

I'd be more interested in seeing Fury fight Usyk, Whyte, Parker, Ruiz Jr or Hunter than a third fight with Wilder and I'd give any of them a better chance simply because I think Tyson will handle Wilder comfortably as long as he's not gone off the rails in lockdown.

Fury needs to be asked some different questions.

11. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Agreed and no one in the current crop poses any obvious questions, fury is that good. barring Wilder with his ATG power who Fury is currently looking a good bet to have the best of a trilogy with.

Ortiz as a supremely schooled intelligent southpaw would have been interesting a year or two ago but he is close to a shot fighter now to my acute eye.

the next level scrubs there’s a round robin of Whyteleafe-Joshua-chisora-parker-ruiz-povetkin-breazele type fodder but a green fury already schooled prime chisora ten years ago which is a decent enough benchmark.

then there’s BRUTHA USKY. A BRUTHA from behind the iron curtain. Sheer size and weight difference make this a non starter as a contest imo due to fury’s skillset.

BRUTHA USKY stands a good chance of making up the size difference with skill against a stiff robotic Joshua type or a basic Whyteleafe/chisora type, but against a talent like Fury he stands no chance. Especially the twenty stone gypsy TANK version we saw in his last outing.

Fury via beatdown stoppage.

Coming through the ranks I see DDD as the next big thing but whether he realises his potential before fury retires is to be seen.

12. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    I think Whyte deserves a shot. People slagging him off for moaning but look at the types who get shots compared to him. He’s raw, overweight half the time, possibly was on drugs and just not very good compared to Fury. But how many heavy weights are? Usyk and he’d be too small to beat him. Other than that let’s get real they’re all poor.

I always said he’d beat Wilder and he’s finally been found out for what he is so realistically Whyte could have been a world champion ages ago. I know I’m in the minority but I think he did beat Parker. He almost killed Chisora who everyone is loving again because he beat Spilka and Price, who was unfit even for Price, admitted he took it for the money, a guaranteed matchroom fight this year and only threw one punch. He almost killed terrible Browne who again, people were saying had well enough to beat Whyte and he was still decent.

We’ll see against Povetkin who is past it and lost to Hunter but got the draw but I wouldn’t bet against Whyte if he fought Hunter. His fights are usually entertaining and if he hits anyone properly with that sometimes clumsy left hook they’re getting hurt. He will lose to Fury but so will everyone and he’d win or be in the fight against all the rest of them in my opinion.

13. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    I agree - this pudding has spent more than enough time on the shelf being overlooked for cheap tasteless Tesco brand puddings such as Paint Dry Parker, Takam, Ruiz, Ortiz and Povetkin.

Here's Johnny likes this.
  14. BELLERS

BELLERS Active Member Full Member

Feb 22, 2020
    Looking at that list makes it plain to see the Heavyweight division is so weak.
    I reckon Fury retires within 2/3 years due to boredom.

15. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Whyte deserves the shot, so the short answer would be him.

If all things are equal, and this is just about what we want, I say Ruiz, who at least has held a championship. Whyte would be a decent name on the resume, but if fury could easily handle Ruiz, who owns the win over Joshua, it would provide more clarity as to who is the alpha of the division.

Usyk is interesting, but build up his heavyweight cred.

The talent is there, it is just not being pushed, partially due to Covid, partially due to unimaginative promotion, and partially due to guys not wanting to fight each other.

Could you imagine if Dubois, Joyce, Hrgovic, Dychko, Yoko, Sirenko, Mehzidov, Nistor, Ajagba, Usyk, Gassiev, Bakole, Hunter, Mahkmudov, Jalalov, Sanchez, Fa, Vianello, Vykhorst, Thun, Kossobutskiy, Zakhozhyi and the rest started to get good fights?

The division would be on fire. Unfortunately, you know about 2/3 of these guys are going to **** away their careers fighting once a year or so against low-level competition until they are 35-36.

I have been watching this sport all my life, and one of the things that I still don't quite get is how guys like Brezeale and Washington are pushed, whereas much more talented guys fade into obscurity. Well, I sort of get it: guys like Brezeale and Washington are easy to beat, so they get the fights.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020