Who do you want to win the Taylor/Pavlik fight?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Mrboogie23, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Mrboogie23

Mrboogie23 what the?? Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    This isnt a thread to give your analysis on who is going to win, its a thread to just state who youre rooting for. Simple one word answers with the fighters name will suffice.

I'll post a poll too, please vote in it but also reply so the thread gets bumped up so we get more votes. I'm curious as to who the majority on ESB is rooting for.

Thanks guys.

2. Rollo

Rollo Active Member Full Member

Feb 1, 2007
    I´ll root for Pavlik - he might be something great in the wake.

3. pipe wrenched

pipe wrenched ESB ELITE SQUAD Full Member

Mar 31, 2007
  4. Mrboogie23

Jul 20, 2004
    38 views with 9 votes?? You guys suck. :lol:

5. BigReg

BigReg Broad Street Bully Full Member

Jun 26, 2007
    I'm going for Taylor

6. El Bombasto

El Bombasto Ask yo momma Full Member

May 23, 2006
    I would like Pavlik to win, but I'm expecting Taylor to edge him out in a close one.

7. sues2nd

sues2nd Fading into Bolivian... Full Member

Aug 7, 2004
    Stop viewing your own post then....:lol:

jk.....:hey

8. Executioner

Executioner Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 22, 2006
    I'm rooting for Pavlik

9. box03

box03 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 19, 2007
    I hope pavlik wins

10. Mrboogie23

Jul 20, 2004

:lol: :lol:

I'm a loser

11. Hrak

Hrak Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2006
    Pavlik because his more exciting. But I think Taylor will beat him because he has much better footwork.

12. 1lehudson

1lehudson Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 27, 2004
    interesting topic....Too bad that not all will make thier true feelings known.

I saw this fight happening about two years ago, I thought then that it would be a fight that would push one guy to the top and the other would be in a rebuild mode in search of a title shot. I never thought that the two would be fighting on this big of a stage. But Arum had been so unwilling to put Kelly in tough that he fall way behind Taylor, I just dont know that his one fight on the big stage vs a very limited Maranda would be enough to get him ready for this, I say that the recent history of the winner of the am fight also winning in the pros, will hold true here as well. I know that it dont always happen but 95% of the time it does, in fact the only one I can think of is Cotto twice beatting guys that beat him as amateurs, and in those cases it was much much older fighters. Yes Taylor is abit older then pavlik but is isnt to the point like Cotto were when he fought Abduleav many thought that he was already shot.

I guess my rant was off the subject abit. Well I kinda see it two ways, I would like to see Taylor win, however I would also like to see pavlik win. For Taylor its because he has took sooo much heat for fighting close fights with very good and even great fighters, while Pavlik gets sooo much hype for beating one limited contender. for Pavlik I would like to see him win for very different reasons, I just think that if we had a WHITE AMERICAN near the top 10 p4p list it would be great for the sport here in the States, I think that it would bring some mainsteam media back, and maybe a breathe of fresh air that is sooo badly needed.

13. RUSKULL

RUSKULL VIP Member banned

Dec 17, 2004
    I voted for Pavlik.

I'd rather see him win because I think he's better for the sport. He's humble & he has a very exciting style unlike Taylor who does just enough to win & thinks he's all that and a bag of chips. I think the fight will be very close but if I had to bet I'd put my money on Taylor at that point. Too much experience and too big a step up for Kelly.

14. lillarry

lillarry Well-Known Member Full Member

May 13, 2007
    I want to see Taylor win in convincing fashion. He seems like a good guy and receives some much bull**** from people on this website. They seem to not realize that fighters like Spinks and Ouma haves styles that would make any fighter look bad. This is boxing not rockem sockem robots. I think Pavliks style will be just what the doctor ordered for Taylor

15. Slothrop

Slothrop Boxing Junkie banned

Nov 25, 2004
    Two years ago it would have been Taylor.