Who do you want to win the Taylor/Pavlik fight?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Mrboogie23, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Zakman

Zakman ESB's Chinchecker Full Member

Apr 16, 2005
    :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Yeah, I'm not exactly the shy type when it comes to making my opinions on fighters known!:lol:

I'm REALLY looking forward to this fight. Of all the major fall fights, to me, this one's the biggie.:yep

2. sues2nd

sues2nd Fading into Bolivian... Full Member

Aug 7, 2004
    I cant either....and we know I aint shy....:yep

But Im looking more toward that Calzaghe - Kessler and the subsequent Joe is the greatest ever discussion that will follow from Amsterdam....:lol: ....until he loses to Hopkins in Bernards farewell fight!!!

:good

(but I also cant wait for the Taylor - Pavlik, just to see you, Am and compu with Jermaine avatars!!!! God its gonna be great!)

3. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Pavlik. Taylor's string has run out and it looks like he may have been a false dawn. Time for new blood.

Of course, if Taylor wins he'd boost his stock again...

4. platnumpapi

platnumpapi Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 10, 2005
    it not taylors fought he gets the gifts. i would like taylor alot better he is had about 1 loss to winky and atleast 1 draw with bhop in the 1st fight or even a close loss.

then i would not give a **** and hell beating up on guys with good names but are not real middle weights and he is a big as middle weight.i mean he hit ouma with everthing but the kitchen sink and did he really beat spinks.

spinks let his hands go and barley got hit by jt, cause if he got hit atleast one good time the fight would have been done.so jt is getting what he deserves i think.

im black and from cincinnati ohio, kelly is from the co so i want him to win because he is from ohio and cause i dont like taylor.most people stick with ther own kind and i do but not in boxing, im wating for kelly to ko his ass.

5. JETSKI

JETSKI Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 26, 2004
    :woot

6. Fab2333

Fab2333 Needs to Get It 2Gether Full Member

Oct 25, 2006
    good point
    JT all day

7. sues2nd

Aug 7, 2004
    **** that....Fab's avatar KO1 Pavlik!!!

8. Lance_Uppercut

Lance_Uppercut ESKIMO Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I like both guys. But I'll probably root for Taylor.

9. cuchulain

cuchulain VIP Member Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Now Sue, you got two of the three picks you made correct.

Pavlik will lose to Taylor, very possibly by KO. And Calzaghe will PROBABLY best Kessler.

But much as I like Bernard and defend him frequently on this site, if there ever was a time when he could have bested Calzaghe (or Kessler) it's long past. Joe beating Bernard in Bernard's swansong would be sad and almost meaningless at this stage of the great warrior's career.

I expect Taylor to be very motivated for Pavlik and to either win a wide UD or win by KO.

10. Thread Stealer

Thread Stealer VIP Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2005
    I don't care. I'm more or less a fan of both guys.

I hope the fight is entertaining and competitive, with a clear winner.

11. KhanB

KhanB Active Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2006
    If Pavlik beats Taylor in a way i'll feel that Hopkins is avenged so im rooting for Pavlik. Plus, he's a cool dude and he hits hard. I think picking somebody of your own race is cool to a degree but too many times that gets mixed in with racism. Still, Taylor is HBO and dibella's house boy and he's actually gotten worse as he goes on so Pavlik can put him out of his misery just as long he doesnt become the poster boy for nazi lovers im cool with that.

12. teekay00

teekay00 fight Full Member

Aug 20, 2007
    ya thats what i wanna see. I hope it is a good fight but i dont wanna see taylor leave with a win while he didnt PROVE to everyone that he deserves a win.

13. sues2nd

Aug 7, 2004
    I can definately see a Calzaghe win....in other posts, I have stated my reasons for this. But just as easily as I see that, I can even easier see Bernard pulling it off.

Calzaghe is one of my favorite fighters. Ive been a fan since the Eubank fight. But if anyone has the tools to beat him, its Hopkins. Bernard is a FANTASTIC counterpuncher who is DEADLY accurate (think about it....you EVER see Winky get hit that clean before???)....just what you would need against a high volume puncher like Calzaghe. Plus defensively, Hop is on another level of anything Joe has ever seen.

I know alot of people point to Bernards age and low output as signs that he will just get outworked....which could also happen. But another thing you have to look at is Hopkins ability to take a punch. Calzaghe, though I feel his power is very underrated, isnt going to hurt Bernard (lets face it, you could hit Hopkins with a truck and he aint going down...the mans chin is IRON)....not even the biggest fan of Joe's is going to pick KO (and REALLY BELIEVE IT...I am sure a few will, but lets be serious...)....Hopkins is going be able to fire those counters and lead rights (STILL one of the best weapons in all of boxing) at will. I can see him winning by UD...an outcome I believe is more likely.

And again, keep in mind that Bernard is EASILY the best fighter Joe has ever faced....not so much for Hopkins (Jones).

Again, I could see Calzaghe outworking him for a UD.....BUT, my money is on the old guy!!!

:good

14. cuchulain

cuchulain VIP Member Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Anything's possible, otherwise we could dispense with actual fights, but Bernard 's workrate has dropped off recently and Joe's has not. I would not expect a KO but my money would be on the younger (though getting older too) Joe.

15. carras

carras Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 22, 2004