Who else goes 5-1-0 over Liston, Frazier & Foreman

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by BlackCloud, May 9, 2015.

1. swagdelfadeel

swagdelfadeel Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 30, 2014
  2. BlackCloud

BlackCloud I detest the daily heavyweight threads Full Member

Nov 22, 2012
    How did i not think of Akinwande?!

3. blackhercules

blackhercules Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 13, 2016
    Lol Joe Louis? The same glass chin Louis who got knocked out by Max Schmeling? He would be stopped by all of these guys.

Ali beat a washed up Liston so various people could beat a washed up version of Liston (Mind you Liston is overrated to begin with). The beating George Foreman gave Frazier ruined him. He was blind in one eye by the time Ali beat him. Is that anything to brag about? So various people could beat the shot, blind version of Frazier. Ali got lucky against Foreman. As I said Ali himself stated his plan wasn't to lay against the ropes against Foreman. He stated Foreman ability to cut off the ring put him on the ropes and his physical strength kept him there. Once that happened his only plan was not to get knocked out. Foreman's ego was always huge and him beating people Ali couldn't beat made it bigger. He didn't set up his punches and didn't take Ali seriously. So since Foreman isn't God and if Foreman looked down on other fighters they could get lucky and beat him too.

Nothing Ali did was amazing and you people who don't know boxing (99 percent of you people on this forum and in reali life) need to just stop repeating people on TV tell you. I guess they felt sorry for the condition Ali was in before he died and tried to build him up to unbeatable status. Never telling you about the people who beat him. Or all of the times he got gift wins. They never will tell you that he beat his wives and he is a racist.

4. Fergy

Fergy Walking Dead Full Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Would have said holmes but it's like some one mentioned, there's frazier to go through and that's going to be a swine of a fight. Lewis possibly but not putting money on it. Good question bc

5. BlackCloud

Nov 22, 2012
    Tell you what, instead of ranting like a ****wit, just answer the question.

6. blackhercules

blackhercules Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 13, 2016
    Instead of being a stupid twat with TV heroes to cry, how about take their junk out of your mouth and learn boxing. I answered the question the way I wanted too. Joe Louis is a bum who was only good at beating white fighters and guys smaller than him. If you don't want to read my comments then do what I do. Block that person. Like I am blocking you.

7. BlackCloud

Nov 22, 2012
    Whatever you say Chicken George

8. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    how was a washed up guy in possession of the undisputed HW title with a run of 20+ wins including 2 preceeding kos in seconds of the champion. Followed by an unbroken run of 13 wins.

shutup idiot.

9. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Do us all a favour block the Forum!!!

10. KuRuPT

KuRuPT Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Absolutely. Ali doesn't get that version of Foreman out of there. Don't see it. Louis might though.

11. KuRuPT

KuRuPT Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 26, 2011
    I'd also say, I just don't think Louis has good stylistic matchups here to go undefeated or only lose once. I think he'd lose more than that

12. janitor

janitor VIP Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2006
    We are talking about an 11 year period spanned these wins.

Joe Louis is the only person who I can see replicating it, even theoretically.

The other candidates didn’t sustain form over a long enough period.

So yes, the OP does pet Ali's record into perspective.

The Morlocks and BlackCloud like this.
  13. Cecil

Cecil Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 22, 2015
    Well the words "agenda" "total knowledge" "written down" and "back of a postage stamp" spring to mind.

14. BlackCloud

Nov 22, 2012
    When you take the 11yrs into consideration it kinda limits the choices.

15. janitor

janitor VIP Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Big time!