Who Else Is Sick Of The "That Punch Would Have KOed Anybody"..................

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by A-50, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Carlos Primera

Carlos Primera Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 8, 2007
    yup those 3 punches had mike's head rockin like a speed ball. he still tried to beat the count though and got up after that, testament to his cast iron chin. other heavy's would have been out cold for minutes.

2. Illmatic

Illmatic Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    or maybe chuvalo wouldve just never been caught in that position....like Lewis caught with his chin a little raised and moved to the side with his hands not completely at his sides

3. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Boris Christoff Full Member

Jan 16, 2005
    That punch Rahman landed would not have sparked an iron chinned fighter, stop the ridiculousness.

4. Zakman

Zakman ESB's Chinchecker Full Member

Apr 16, 2005
    This nonsense is one of the biggest fallacies in the sport - and there is no way to prove it. The only thing we can is THAT punch knocked out THAT fighter. :yep

Of course, fans have been using this to justify the losses, and frequently over-inflate the durability, of their favorites forever - and they will continue to do so, even though it IS utter nonsense and completely unproveable. :nod

5. A-50

A-50 Active Member Full Member

Jan 28, 2007
    I remember some nuthuggers on here saying the Sprott punch that KOed Glass Jaw Fraudly Harrison would have "KOed anybody" :rofl :rofl :rofl :patsch :patsch :patsch

6. Boinko

Boinko Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 2, 2004
    While it may be true that a punch that KO'd a fighter could have KO'd anyone, it really is a **** poor excuse to explain away a loss.

Of course, it's not as bad as saying "It was a lucky punch." That one is even more annoying.

7. marting

marting Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Tex Cobb must have a glass jaw because he got knocked out in the first round and the "That Punch Would Have KOed Anybody" argument is supposedly false.

I guess the punches he took from Earnie Shavers mean Shavers isn't that big of puncher.

8. Guru_Too_You

Guru_Too_You ESB OG circa '99 Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    I dont care what punch it was, or from whom, it does not KO McCall or Chuvalo.

9. Zakman

Zakman ESB's Chinchecker Full Member

Apr 16, 2005
    That is, of course, one of the BEST examples of the fallacy of this argument. :lol::lol:

10. Saltzy

Saltzy Bam-O Full Member

Jul 23, 2004

The fact that Griffin was not knocked out cold and actually got up again before losing his balance kinda tells me that the punch wouldn't knock out everyone.....