Who else thinks a prime RJJ beats the whole LHW division

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by The Ripper, May 19, 2017.

1. Loudon

Loudon VIP Member Full Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Rico's gone missing.

I'm still waiting for his list of guys who Roy ducked, who were available to him.

BlizzyBlizz likes this.
  2. Loudon

Mar 7, 2012
    Of course there's only one way we'd have found out.

We Just need someone to invent a time machine.

We can however look at all available evidence to form an objective, logical opinion.

Two things are obvious:

1. Kovalev had the power to end Roy, if he'd have had the perfect opportunity.

2. Roy's speed would have given Kovalev an absolute nightmare.

We'll leave it at that.

Staminakills likes this.
  3. Liquid Fire

Liquid Fire Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Oct 29, 2016
    That you are having to speculate on rather than validate with actual ones he faced should tell you everything. Which savage punchers did he face? Ruiz? I've no doubt he'd have beat Valuev too..

:risas3:

4. BlizzyBlizz

BlizzyBlizz VIP Member Full Member

Jun 25, 2013
    It's the usual list. Jackson, McClellan, Dariusz M, and anyone that these clowns can think of. I never liked Rico, Scourge(Serge) or any of these fake ass armchair posters nor do I respect their opinions. "Basic fools" is what I call them. But they are truly armchairs and I have to remind them of what they are.

5. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Those two things you mentioned are subjective. You only look as good or fast depending on the opponents you face. Roy may have been made to look impressive against the certain opposition he's been matched against, it doesnt signify that his speed would have given him an advantage against Kovalev. I would bet my money that The people that beat/faced Jones would get runover by a green beterbiev.

6. Loudon

Mar 7, 2012
    Serge is a great poster.

These posts of his aren't serious.

He has great knowledge of the sport.

Rico genuinely hates Roy to the point that you can't even try to debate with him.

7. Loudon

Mar 7, 2012
    Roy had insane speed for his size.

He would look fast against anybody.

Of course his speed would have given him a huge advantage over Sergey.

I've seen most of Sergey's fights. I've seen Pascal find him easy at times, and I've seen Andre give him huge trouble with body shots and movement.

Regarding Artur, we'll have to see how his career plays out. You can look at the guys who beat Roy. But would they have beaten Roy at his best? I don't think they would have done. Whilst I could envisage Artur beating the guys who Roy lost to, he's young. He's fresh. How's he going to look after 50 odd fights? We don't know. He may not even have that many fights.

dinovelvet likes this.
  8. Contro

Contro Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 7, 2016
    Artur is 32.
    Anyway leave it alone, no point arguing if people are obviously not going to change their opinion. It bothers me when people go and slander and badmouth ATGs like Roy or Mike Tyson but thats just how it is you cant go and defend every fighter against every Idiot

Last edited: May 23, 2017
    Loudon and BlizzyBlizz like this.
  9. BlizzyBlizz

BlizzyBlizz VIP Member Full Member

Jun 25, 2013
    Scourge is Scourge-basic. And Rico doesn't even count.

10. kriszhao

kriszhao Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Tarver was juiced to the gills most likely.

11. Rock0052

Rock0052 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2006
    I'm sure he and Roy were. They were products of their era.

12. JoffJoff

JoffJoff Regular Junkie Full Member

Jan 25, 2017
    I was out of the loop myself on this since I didn't have an account back then. Luckily, forum hero @Bustajay gave me the gift of a great story, basically after Ali's passing Blizzy started a thread where he talked of an encounter his dear mother had behind a Macy's with The Greatest and he left quite the impression on mama Bliz with his humungous hands. Blizzy was then trolled mercilessly about Ali fisting the granny out of ole mama bliz with DEM BIG HANDS which upset him so much that he begged the mods to delete his thread.

I would pay good money to have the opportunity to read this legendary thread but alas it is gone for good, but despite your trolling of a God in this thread you have made me laugh several times with the "sexy too" comment and the whole "like me back serge like me back" stuff, so you deserve to be told the tale of 'DEM BIG HANDS' and plus blizzy is a tool to everybody so I feel no guilt in doing so. Ask bustajay for more details, when he told me I was rolling.:meparto:

Bustajay likes this.
  13. JoffJoff

JoffJoff Regular Junkie Full Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Everybody bringing up Roy being on PEDs needs to realise that it is very likely every top pro boxer will be taking advantage of 'supplements' considering the edge to be gained and the money and glory at stake.

Roy Jones Jr was the most amazing, talented boxer since Robinson in my opinion and I would bet him at evens vs any 175lbs fighter currently campaigning in the division. I also believe the chin issue was only a problem once he was past prime. Also the greatest commentator in boxing.

juppity likes this.
  14. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    forgot about ward, he would be a massive issue besides kovalev.

sometimes forget hes a bona fide LHW now.

15. Ducklerr

Ducklerr Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 1, 2015
    Course he does. Prime RJJ is the greatest talent I've seen in 30+ years watching boxing.

Aussie Invader likes this.