Who from the old generation of boxers with the lowest ranking can beat the current top heavies?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by mark ant, Sep 22, 2020.

1. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    McCall and Mercer would throttle these guys....

2. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    I miss the old days when we didn’t have to speculate how guys would do against top opponents. These days, fighters are more concerned about protecting the zero (marketing) than facing top opponents. Guys lose decisions or get KOd and are called leftovers.

The only reason we have some decent fights at HW these days is Wilder’s decision to fight a blubbery Fury in the first fight. He thought it would be an easy win and wound up losing (okay the three blind mice have him a draw). That blew the big AJ wilder fight we were teased with for so many years.

If Fat Andy could beat AJ in the first fight, anything is possible. Most of the guys from the older generations were pretty tough and they fought frequently.

Surrix and The Real Lance like this.
  3. fistsof steel

fistsof steel Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Prime Tua would have caused some Grief...

Bogotazo likes this.
  4. Antsu

Antsu Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Bob Fitzsimmons would run through everyone

5. ShovelHook

ShovelHook Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Moore has the most KOs ever so don’t be such an idiot as to underrate his punching ability.

6. RJJFan

RJJFan Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Yeah, when Golota aims for the nuts, he'd actually be punching Ruiz in the gut. Ruiz's fat would have no problem absorbing those shots.

7. Wasteman

Wasteman Certified Wasteman Full Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Fury vs Sanders is a great match-up IMO.

Sanders probably frustrates Fury more than he's being given credit but ultimately I think Fury uses his range and gets the job done on points.

8. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016

I agree with your assessment on Wallin. He does appear to be a little better than what I first thought. Could upset an older top 10 fighter I believe. Luis Ortiz?