Who gives a prime Ali nightmares?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by ribtickler68, Oct 14, 2013.

1. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    I wonder what it's like living in " Houdini World" ?

Judging by his support on this Forum, Lonely I should think.

2. HOUDINI

HOUDINI Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Support from you and foul mouth I don't need nor want. Amazing two of the most well known events in 70s boxing history and you are both oblivious to it. It has to be your location. I am sure many of the events in boxing history well known in the US are just not communicated in Europe.

3. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    That's entirely true , here in Europe we think the best heavyweights are non American just imagine!
    Ok Hank Kaplan.
    Without looking it up, what is the name of the dissenting judge in the Ali Norton 1st fight ,and what was his score?

4. HOUDINI

Aug 18, 2012
    That's boxing history you or anyone else can find on BoxRec so you are not impressing anyone.

The aftermath of Ali Norton 1 and Ali Frazier 1 you won't find memorizing records. It's something you either lived through and understood as boxing history or did some digging to understand. You have done neither.

5. kingfisher3

kingfisher3 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2011
    that quote describes you very well.

You have yet to say anything on this site that has any insight, logic or proof, most of your posts could be cut and pasted from a general forum race baiting thread on the same topic.

I don't know what houdini said to get mcvey against him, but as a brit i totally condone it.

6. HOUDINI

Aug 18, 2012
    McVey jumped all over me when I finally defended myself with harsh words towards a very foul mouthed poster. He then admitted he never even looked at the foul mouthed posters attacks against me.

7. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    I'll translate your answer as an," I don't know".:lol:
    I'm 65 on the 21st of this month you moron .I watched the fight live on TV and got into trouble because I was late for my duties as an usher at a cousin's wedding. I could have gone to the Frazier Ali FOTC ,the price for flight ,and ticket was £125, and that included a hotel.
    I did not have the werewithal at the time,it is one of my few regrets.

I still have the Ring and BI's issues for that month and at the top of my stairs hangs the programme in a glass frame.
    I've just come in from exercising my dogs, whilst doing so I ran a few questions for you through my head, all of which I know the answer to without looking them up or asking others.

Without recourse to books, magazines, the internet, or friends,[I shouldnt think the latter willl be a factor:D ,] how many of them do you know?

You are on your word to answer unassisted.

Let's just see what calibre of boxing historian you are.
    1. Apart from the win, what was memorable for Joe Louis about the day of his fight with Max Baer?
    2.What was Baers middle name?
    3.What was his Fathers first name?
    4. What does the J in the middle of James Braddock's name stand for?
    5. Until the Valuev v Haye fight what was the heaviest joint poundage in a worlds heavyweight title fight?
    6.Which particular punch was Paulino Uzcudun incapable of throwing and why?
    7. Which noteworthty event happened in Max Schmeling's dressing room immediately prior to him leaving for the ring?
    8.What does a famous US painter have in common with Jim Jeffries.
    9 How did Jeffries wife die?
    10. What request did Jeffries make immediately after his defeat by Jack Johnson?
    11. What is the name of the boxer killed by Jim Barry?
    12.Name one boxer who died as a result of boxing Bob Fitzsimmons.?
    13.What injury did Peter Jackson carry into the ring with him when he fought Jim Corbett.?
    14. What was different about Joe Choynski's gloves when they re-started their fight on the barge?
    15 What was William Perry's ring name?
    16. What is historically significant about the last round in the Jeffries v Sharkey title fight?
    17. What is also unique about that last round?
    18.Who else was on the Reno July 4th 1910 bill?
    19.Who was Jack Johnson's chief second when he lost to Jess Willard?
    20. What famous remark did Joe Louis make to Ray Arcel when he came out to listen to the ref's instructions and saw Arcel opposite?
    21. What did Tony Galento do to Joe Louis during the referee's instructions?
    22.What instructions did an infuriated Tom Sharkey give his cornermen when he sparred with Jack Johnson?
    23. What unique happening occured during the Braddock v Loughran fight?
    24.What physical injury was Joe Walcott handicapped with in the later stages of his career?
    25.Who was Pascual Perez's chief sparring partner for the Dai Dower fight?.
    26. What was the result of the fight?
    27. Name one major fight that Jess Willard refereed?
    28.What physical souvenir of his fight with Dempsey did Willard often show to people?
    29. How many times did Emille Griffith fight in the UK?
    30 Who were those fights against?
    31.What persuaded Jimmy Wilde to go ahead with his fight against Pete Herman?
    32. Who was the German heavyweight Marciano sparred with ?
    33.Who was the sparring partner who dropped Marciano prior to the ****ell fight?
    34. Name two sparring partners that have dropped Vitali Klitschko?
    35. What act was George Kochan infamous for?
    36.Which fighter had the letters KO as part of his ring name?
    37. What nationality was Charlie White?
    38. Who was the opponent when Jake Lamotta made his famous faking he was on the way out act,and came back to beat him in a fight he said he was very ,very lucky to win?
    39.Max Baer, and Rocky Graziano had two things in common, name them?
    40. Which fighter entered the ring with an old Indian blanket around his shoulders?
    41.Which item of apparel did Sandy Saddler used to sport into the ring ?
    42. Jimmy Carruthers and Chameon Songkitrat, [I had to look up the spelling for that,] fought for the bantamweight title what was unique about their fight?
    43.What physical handicap did Howard Winstone have?
    44.Against whom did he finally win a world ttile?
    45.What was particular about Eder Jofre's diet?
    46. Who did Jose Napoles defend his title against in the UK?
    47.Which World's Champion both won and lost his title inside a single round?
    48. Which reigning world's champion did Jock McaVoy ko in one round?
    49.What was peculiar about the second Abe Atell v Owen Moran fight?
    50.Why didn't Jim Driscoll have a return fight with Atell after gaining the NWS decision in their only encounter?
    Thats a few ,you should get 75% easily, that's if you are half as knowledgeable as you think you are.
    I could go to about a 1000 without too much effort but lets see how you do on these.
    All these I provided off the top of my head and I'm not a historian or an expert.

ITS PROOF OF THE PUDDING TIME!!!!!

Anyone else, please give the Historian AKA as HOUDINI, AKA as Erich Weiss first chance.

8. HOUDINI

Aug 18, 2012
    Meaningless...you had no idea of the controversy regarding the round Alis jaw was broken nor did you know about Ali claiming he won fight one vs Frazier and degrading Joe terribly in process. Those were the events that were discussed and you failed miserably..you knew nothing.

Anyone can throw up textbook facts...try this one and I can give you just as many as you listed but these you can't look up in a book...

Where did Isadora Gastegnaga train in the summer of 1932? What punch was he known for?

Don't bother looking it up. You either know or I will tell you there is no in-between.

9. Foxy 01

Foxy 01 Boxing Junkie banned

Apr 23, 2012
    You are an insignificant nonentity, whose opinion is worthless, and I would be much offended if an imbecile like you did agree with anything I wrote.

Some people are born ******ed, you seem to have made it your life's ambition. Well done you succeeded.

Let me explain to you moron, Americans are not a race. They are a mix and match of Europeans, Latino's, Africans, and Asians.

There were of course originally Native Americans, however some of those mentioned above tried their best to exterminate them.

Thankfully they failed.

Now go and console your self with the other idiot Houlooni.

10. fists of fury

fists of fury Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Insults flying thick and fast. :lol:

11. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006

Jesus Foxy ,I wouldn't want to drink your pint by mistake!

Do you go around permanently "loaded for bear" ?

12. HOUDINI

Aug 18, 2012
    "Birds of a feather..........."

13. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    When Ali fought Norton the first time I was 24 years old ,in my prime and mad about boxing since I bought every available publication of the time, and watched all the boxing shown on Tv , bought super 8mm fight films from the US, plus attended as many bills as I could,now answer me this.

What makes you so sure you have the inside track regarding boxing in the 70's ?
    What is special about you that makes you privy to things the rest of us were not?

I take it you are not going to answer any of my questions.
    ALL OF WHICH CAME OUT OF MY MEMORY.NOT FROM REFERRING TO A BOOK.
    As I am an honest man I will give you an honest reply to your ONE question. I dont know where____________________

ISADORA GASTEGNAGA TRAINED OR WHAT PUNCH HE WAS FAMOUS FOR. I WILL GO FURTHER I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF HIM.

I HAVE HOWEVER HEARD OF PAULINO" ISIDORO "GASTANAGA

ARE YOU PERHAPS CONFUSING THEM? OR,DID YOU MEAN ISADORA DUNCAN? SHE WAS A DANCER NOT A BOXER.

WHATS IT LIKE BEING OWNED BY SOMEONE YOU CLASS AS DESPICABLE?

PRETTY DIRE I SHOULD THINK.:oops::oops::oops:

:lol:

NOW DRY YOUR EYES AND GET BACK TO MY QUIZ, YOU CONCEITED PRAT.:happy:happy

YOUV'E JUST BURIED YOURSELF.:yep

14. fists of fury

fists of fury Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 25, 2006
    I'll confess and admit I didn't know the answer to even half of those questions.

15. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    Well ,I've been following the sport, doing it, and reading voraciously about it, since I was a kid over half a centurty ago.I'm bound to have accumulated some trivia along the way. Don't get me wrong I'm no expert but unlike MR Houdini I don't claim to be.
    Poor Mr Houdini.:patsch
    He has just committed pugilistic suicide with his last post.And no one deserves it more.:happy:good