Who has a better chance in their Rematches? Alvarez or Joshua

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by uranage, May 8, 2022.

1. uranage

uranage Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 17, 2011
    1st thing 1st, boxing fans have to be the most unappreciative group of fans I've ever seen. Everyone is saying that Joshua & Alvarez shouldn't fight Usyk or Bivol again in rematches...what do we want them to do then? Go fight bums for easy pick up fights.

They told Wilder to stay away from Fury & not fight a 3rd fight (1st fight was a draw) & even thought he lost, he gave a good account of himself in that 3rd fight.

Now on to my question, who has a better chance in their rematches? Alvarez or Joshua

Salty Dog likes this.
  2. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Alvarez is a lot better P4P than Joshua and Usyk is better P4P than Bivol so there`s your answer.

3. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Joshua bigger.

Usyk might not be in the best shape mentally and physically and that fight was closer as this one already. (not the judges' cards but the fight itself).

to be clear, I would expect the same results in the rematches in both fights though.

4. The Clan

The Clan Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 11, 2007
    Usyk might equally be in the best shape of his life, motivated by a desire to do it for all Ukrainians

The Townsend likes this.
  5. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Canelo because all he has to do is win 3 rounds put on a slightly better performance to win a UD

Corruption galore.

And then the Canelo revisionist fanboys like @shadow111 will claim Canelo schooled Bivol

Joshua has absolutely no chance against Usyk. He's done. He's no longer a top fighter and he'll lose every fight from now on

6. The Clan

Nov 11, 2007
    The one imponderable in the rematch is how will Usyk cope if Joshua comes to impose all his physicality and power?

In fight 1 Joshua didn’t even try to use his height, reach, weight, power etc… he mysteriously and stupidly tried to outbox possibly the best IQ boxer in the game.

I still pick Usyk but this will be a completely different type of fight to the last one.

kostya by ko and KernowWarrior like this.
  7. Quina74

Quina74 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 25, 2019
    Joshua by far... He won 3 clear rounds.. And you can, if very desperate argue one or two (probably just one) more. Not to mention Usyk has got Ukraine on his mind and getting older

Canelo got 12-0/11-1d..at a push you could argue 9-3..but that's very generous

8. CroBox29

CroBox29 Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Canelo has a better chance. Lately Joshua is just one big chatterbox who will announce a knockout against Usyk and in the end cowardly keep his distance and lose convincingly...

DaRealJT and MarkusFlorez99 like this.
  9. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    He didn`t land that much though.

10. The Clan

Nov 11, 2007
    Take a look at the damage to Usyks face after fighting Joshua and then factor in that Joshua never sat down on his punches or imposed his physical advantages yet still inflicted some heavy damage to Usyk.

This content is protected

If Joshua gets the right balance between employing brutality and finesse it might just be too much for Usyk.
    At the very least it’s a valid question because Joshua never did it in fight 1 and it’s something hugely different available to him for fight 2.

On the other hand I’m unsure as to what Canelo can do that’s significantly different!

Special one likes this.
  11. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Probably Joshua. At heavyweight anything can happen, he at least has a punchers chance even if it's a remote one and his issue in the first fight was partially due to adopting a horrible strategy. He at least knows 2nd time around he can't out box Usyk and needs to make it a physical brawl to make his size count. He probably won't be success but he at least has the physical attributes to pull it off if he can make the necessary changes.

I can't really think what Canelo could do differently 2nd time around. He's never had the engine or work rate to fight as a swarmer/pressure fighter, he's always been more of an aggressive counter puncher who picked his spots and fought at his own pace.

BitPlayerVesti likes this.
  12. lordlosh

lordlosh Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Depends how much money Hearn paid off the judges and the referee.

13. uranage

uranage Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Like last night....lol

14. TheVet

TheVet Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2021
    I will go wth AJ. I cant see what Canelo will do differently. I can see a different version of AJ

MarioTing likes this.
  15. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    AJ because of the power.