Who has a better chance in their Rematches? Alvarez or Joshua

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by uranage, May 8, 2022.

1. markclow

markclow Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 23, 2005
    AJ has a better chance, not a lot though.

I actually think Bivol could have punished Clenelo more later in the fight. He was cautious. I think he could have got Clenelo out of there.

2. uranage

uranage Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 17, 2011
    That is great motivation.

3. VBOX

VBOX JOURNEYMAN Full Member

Feb 8, 2012
    I’d have to go with Joshua, even though I predicted Usyk KO pre fight for fight 1. Alvarez doesn’t have the feet to compete with Bivol.

Last edited: May 8, 2022
    Jackman65 likes this.
  4. uranage

uranage Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Alvarez problem wasn't just his feet, Plant moved more than Bivol.

5. UndergroundBoxing

UndergroundBoxing Member Full Member

Feb 2, 2022
    They’re both in a similar position where they were soundly beat and the guy that beat them looked like they had another few levels to go through. Joshua got the tactics all wrong but I think Usyk beats him no matter what tactics he comes with. Canelo can be better but he only every really fights one way and Bivol has shown he can deal with that.

I think Joshua gets stopped in the rematch and Canelo would lose on points again. We have to see how Usyk looks after the war though…

BitPlayerVesti and Jackman65 like this.
  6. kdyehs

kdyehs Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    With current judging Canelo needs only one more round to at least draw.
    Canelo did a weak performance. No combinaisons, and the jab did not work well. When Bivol was inside his shell Canelo should have create more openings instead of trying to make love with Bivols arm. I don't see Canelo doing worse. Bivol will once again have to stay disciplined but a bit more active if he wants to win the rematch.

Jackman65 likes this.
  7. boxingforum24

boxingforum24 Active Member Full Member

Jul 10, 2013
    They each have a 20% chance of winning their rematch. So equally unlikely.

Jackman65 likes this.
  8. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    That says a lot, if Canelo came that close to beating Bivol with a "weak" performance, then imagine what would happen if Canelo gave a better performance, he'd be very capable of getting the win. If they fought at 168, for example, I think you'd have to favor Canelo.

9. kahoots

kahoots New Member Full Member

Nov 20, 2018
    Joshua fought like he was scared of getting hurt early and embarrassed rather than how he should have been fighting to win. I think if the fight goes past the 8th round there's pretty much no chance he wins, if he comes out throwing to hurt and end the fight early there is the risk he will himself be knocked out early, but it's also his best chance of winning. So there's an easy change to his game plan he can make to give himself a better chance of winning a rematch.

Canelo needs to throw more, muddy the waters, give the judges something to work with, and hope Bivol doesn't press the issue and does just enough to reasonably win, and becomes an unwitting accomplice to his own robbery.

uranage and VBOX like this.
  10. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Juicy J just needs to be a big man and use his strength and power and he has a great chance.
    Canelo not so much lol.

The answer is obviously Joshua

11. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Maybe P4P but Juicy J is twice the size of Usyk and Canelo is a small man compared to Bivol lol

12. cuchulain

cuchulain Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Joshua has a better chance.

A HW always has at least a puncher's chance.

13. m.s.

m.s. Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Canelo,he just needs to give his judges a raise. Problem solved.

14. VBOX

VBOX JOURNEYMAN Full Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Yeah but I don’t calculate distance in km when watching a fight. It’s a game of inches with Bivol and Canelo has cement blocks on his feet in comparison.

15. jmb1356

jmb1356 Active Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2019
    Joshua needs to cut off the ring and try to land something with his right hand. Problem is he is very vulnerable to counter punches, particularly hooks and he has a glass jaw.

The judges already had the fight closer than it should have been between Bivol and Canelo.

Jackman65 likes this.