Who has the better 49-0, Rocky or Floyd?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by BlackCloud, Mar 5, 2017.

Whose 49-0 ?

1. Rocky

22 vote(s)
    39.3%
  2. Floyd

34 vote(s)
    60.7%
  1. THE BLADE 2

THE BLADE 2 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Weird thread.How can you compare.The one is a heavweight and the other a lightweight

dantedlane likes this.
  2. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Yep..a bunch of bickering over the obvious choice which is Marciano. Its simply harder to stay unfefeated at Hw no matter what era you fought at as well as more impressive. I guess one would have to actually fought all kinds of fighters to actually understand the differance in possibility of losing a fight with one wrong punch landed . This shouldnt even be debatable that someone is making a case for a 140 pounder vs a guy who wwent life and death at times bc he was limited and at HEAVYWEIGHT,makes NO sense.

RockyJim and dantedlane like this.
  3. GALVATRON

Oct 30, 2016
    I see you skipped your meds AGAIN when you posted this one! :imwithstupid:

4. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Oh yes I entirely agree,but would Marciano's attack have had the same effect on a younger Charles / Moore/Walcott?

5. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    No just back from Prague,I'm not on any meds Mr Gaviscon.
    I gave you a like on another post because I agreed with you .I'm like that, even- handed. I recommend it!

6. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    Put some more footage up of fat man punching a bag?
    That should seal the deal!

BlackCloud likes this.
  7. BlackCloud

BlackCloud I detest the daily heavyweight threads Full Member

Nov 22, 2012
    Pretty certain he is the dimwit from heavyweight blog.
    Tommo
    Glover
    Merchants Ghost
    Etc

Looking at his video, a more apt username would of been " Tub of Lard "

You should check out his postings in general regarding current Joshua beating prime Ali.
    Quite comical Mc.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    dantedlane and mcvey like this.
  8. dantedlane

dantedlane Active Member banned Full Member

Mar 13, 2017
    Floyd
    Fought Very Old Ex Champs...And Very Young And Shot Fighters,Canelo Too Young,Gatti,Dela,Mosley The List Of Shot Fighters Even Maidana Was Shot After The Wars He Had All Sloppy In The Ring It Was Pitaful,Which Is Why Boxing Fans Dislike Floyd Like Myself,Corralas And Castillo Were Also Shot So Was Baldomir And Judah Its Just What It Is Paq Was Out Of Prime But Floyd Got All TheNames,Marques Was To Small Suffering With The Floyd Weight Situation Sorry,Rocky Fought I Believe 6 Hall Of Famers 7 Or So 3 Prime 3 Out Of Prime And Top Tens All The Rest He Retired At 32 This Story's Already Known

9. dantedlane

dantedlane Active Member banned Full Member

Mar 13, 2017
    Duran Armstrong Robinson,Bucanon And Many More Might Disagree So Would Every Boxing Historian And Expert

RockyJim and GALVATRON like this.
  10. mr. magoo

mr. magoo VIP Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I explained all this to him.

mcvey likes this.
  11. GALVATRON

Oct 30, 2016

It doesnt matter who Marciano fought the FACT he did it at HW there is no comparing other weight classes so Mayweather isnt even practical ,the WEIGHT class is though no matter how under /overatted a fighter is.Marciano fighting at HW also has less effect with older opponents bc they mature slower. Marciano fought more ATG's Charles/Walcott and Moore.

To go undefeated at HEAVYWEIGHT in any era is more difficult any true boxing brain will KNOW this no matter how many belts you hold . The GIANTS that Marciano DIDN'T fight has nothing to do with nothing on the subject he still had to get by in a FAR more difficult weight class than 140 pound whatever no matter what age /size or skill he faced,isnt this OBVIOUS?

Not losing a fight in a division where punches are more likely to k.o you is by far harder to accomplish than having better athletic capabilites over everyone in MUCH lighter ones.You have to compare the WHOLE meaning of the 49 and 0 and nothing can suggest Mayweathers is more impressive on that alone IF you know boxing.

toxedo911 and dantedlane like this.
  12. GALVATRON

Oct 30, 2016
    Im 170 pounds ALL muscle,old fool. You CANT put footage up because you don't even box and are what 65? Take your meds my friend leave the insults to at least ppl who have been involved in the sport or have asked me to put them up in the training section where you would also be lost . If you dont like the backlash you cant be friendly and attack like an imbecile and expect respect you get none here....... :scared1

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  13. KuRuPT

KuRuPT Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Did you mean, you explained those facts, but left out context entirely, as well as basing your theory on false associations. The false associations is a fighter still doing okay, even while past his prime, thus somehow elevating the previous win/loss we're discussing. There is a false association there because Pac has beaten nobody of importance since the loss the Mayweather. It matter WHO you beat, not simple that you beat people. I never denied that Pac hasn't gone to still say somewhat relevant, however, what is most important is WHO he's been fighting to remain relevant and are they of the ilk that can shed some light onto the quality of Pac's current condition. The answer to that is, not so much, he beat nobody to indicate he anywhere near the quality of fighter he once was.

Further, even if he had beaten some great fighters since losing, it because COMPLETELY and totally irrelevant because Pac claimed he wasn't near 100% for the fight we are comparing and evaluating. That totally destroys the theory that the Pac win was better than the Charles or Walcott win, which if you'll remember, was the actual discussion. So if you meant, by explaining to me, that I was completely correct in my analysis, then yes you did explain it to me.

14. ETM

ETM I thought I did enough to win. Full Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Ah..no.

15. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    None of the underlined were ATG's at heavyweight. Marciano's manager was the MSG match maker, he was off to the races to start with.

ETM likes this.