Who here seriously inside of them actualy beleive Ricky stand a chance??

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by DoumB, Aug 5, 2007.

1. DoumB

DoumB HOYA KO1 PRESSCOT Full Member

Sep 18, 2006
    OK, let me start this by stating the fact that I actualy didnt like Hatton but through his last fights kinda learned to atleast admire him even tho I didnt like his style... On the other hand you all no I'm not a huge fan of floyd anymore but I'm no where near hating him.

That being said I checked and tried to analyze how this fight could go out and I couldnt see ricky getting the nod in this one... Its not like if I dont want him to win, in fact I dont care who wins but I cant realy I just cant think of a way Ricky could beat floyd,

Ricky style could trouble Floyd yes, its true, however Floyd had trouble with castillo when he was at the lower weights, his body since has grew comfortly for 140-147(even if hes a small 147pounder) he can stay in there with opponents a long stronger then him, Hatton while a strong cat is not as strong as guys like DLH or even for that matter Baldomir(hes faster then him and better of course) but Hatton is coming in at junior welterweight, He wont be able to bully floyd in there, in fact I think it may shorten(if this words exist) the fight cause floyd will tag him on his way in and move with angles and tag him, look at the blue print collazo put in there, Floyd is faster, not as strong but more accurate and technicaly a lot better(but hes not a southpaw) ...

In the end I realy beleive ricky dont stand a chance in hell against floyd, I mean sometimes u say those things but inside u have something that says, maybe he could pull it out... But in this one I just cant see it... any one think ricky can win this? I would wanna hear what u guys think, I'm not dissing anyone on that I would love to hear a different point of vue and the analys that come with it:good

2. compukiller

compukiller Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    I give him virtually no chance at all.

3. DoumB

Sep 18, 2006
    thx for your contribution compu :good ;)

4. hitman_hatton1

hitman_hatton1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    i definitely give hatton a chance.

mayweather's more cautious style as he's gone up the weights, and combined with the fact i think he's a little slower these days, are 2 reasons i think ricky will win a close decision. :bbb

bring on december 8th. :deal

5. Flatlander

Flatlander Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 11, 2005
    In boxing every fighter has a chance, no matter how slim. Floyd would have to have his worst night ever for Hatton to beat him though.

6. boobie

boobie New Member Full Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Ive read alot about this and heard people talking obviously. I have a feeling Hatton will pull it off. However unimportant it is to some people, Floyd had said he retired. He seems to have one foot out the door. What I love about boxing is mental aspect of it. Hatton is hungry (no weight jokes intended) I just think Hatton will pull it off for some reason. So much pressure and works the body like Floyd hasn't seen in awhile. Dont sleep on Hatton

7. DoumB

Sep 18, 2006
    yeah but do you think floyd is slow enough to get caugh often by ricky?

8. DoumB

Sep 18, 2006
    I see your point, thats something true.

9. hitman_hatton1

Jul 19, 2004
    i agree what collazo did (at times) is the blueprint.

but floyd for a start doesn't throw as many punches as collazo.

isn't a southpaw.

isn't as big.

:hey

10. DoumB

Sep 18, 2006
    your right, but hes a lot smarter then him tho, if collazo would had tried to use more of his streng when hatton got close I think he oculd had got the victory

11. hitman_hatton1

Jul 19, 2004
    he's hittable.

baldy nailed floyd with good shots at times.

obviously so did oscar.

as i said, floyd is a little slower these days. :yep

hatton has a chance.

only a fool completely discounts his chances i think. :bart

12. Rock0052

Rock0052 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2006
    Agreed. What I don't get is how some of the people giving Hatton zero chance will be the same ones talking about what a legacy-making win it was for Mayweather if he wins. I don't hate Mayweather, but somehow just saying he's not unbeatable gets construed that way.

I'll be rooting for Hatton, and I do think he can pull it off.

13. DoumB

Sep 18, 2006
    well if actualy floyd absolutly anhilates hatton it kinda tell u how good he is( I'm not pointing out this to praise floyd but to make an observation)

14. BigReg

BigReg Broad Street Bully Full Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Baldo landed 12% of his shots, Oscar landed 21%. Defensively I thought Floyd was brilliant in those fights. Hatton's only chance is to exploit Mayweather's lack of activity

15. T.C.W

T.C.W Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    I think mayweather will win easy, just to much skill and he will give Hatton fits with movement and speed.