Who hits harder Wladimir Klitschko or Deontay Wilder?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by jserr68594, Aug 11, 2018.

Who hits harder?

1. Wladimir Klitschko

51 vote(s)
    61.4%
  2. Deontay Wilder

32 vote(s)
    38.6%
  1. Luis Fernando

Luis Fernando Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 23, 2017
    This mythical idea about Wilder's 'one punch knockout power' stems from casual fans / fanatics not seeing entire fights of Wilder, but instead relying on looking at official boxing records when it comes to judging Wilder's punching power. Particularly knockout records.

It's highly deceptive, because upon reading his knockout record, it states he has 'knocked out' every opponent he's faced. But upon actually watching his fights, one would know he hasn't really 'knocked out' every opponent cleanly. Instead, majority of those guys were stopped without fully being incapacitated / knocked out. And some of them were also premature, illegitimate and questionable TKO standing stoppages like the Duhaupas fight was.

Compare Wlad's knockout over Pulev to Wilder's stoppage over Ortiz to identify the power difference between both guys!

Punching power in general is overrated as an asset! But Wilder's power is probably the most overrated I've ever encountered. Evidence doesn't suggest he hits with as much power as some of his fanatics and casuals seem to suggest.

For every time someone mentions Wilder's one punch KO over Szpilka, one can also point out Wilder's lack of one punch KO power against the likes of Duhaupas, Molina, washed up Chris Arreola, Jason Gavern and so forth so on.

2. Luis Fernando

Luis Fernando Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 23, 2017
    I actually questioned categorizing Wilder as one of the top elite super heavyweights. As for Joshua, you are correct. I don't give any past 'small' heavyweight much of a chance at beating Anthony Joshua. Or Tyson Fury for that matter!

However, Usyk is an exception! There are exceptions to most rules, and this is an exception. Usyk is totally different from any of those other small guys who boxed at heavyweight before. Usyk is not only a special fighter, but a very special one. He brings combined attributes never seen before. Highest level of athleticism, combined with highest level of technical ability, combined with an extremely unconventional style exempts him from the list that other past small heavyweights are part of.

3. AlotOfSnap

AlotOfSnap New Member banned Full Member

Jul 23, 2018
    Wladimir didn't throw every power shot from the other side of the ring falling over like Wilder does. Wlad hit harder. Especially in his prime.

Washington on being in the ring with both...

This content is protected

4. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I suspect Wilder has the single most powerful shot with a wound up bomb, i think it is the most powerful shot in the sport period, but i bet theres more meat on the majority of Wlads. Wilder is tap tap tap go to sleep Wlad is ouch ouch ouch where am i? Important thing is they both hit more than hard enough.

kriszhao likes this.
  5. KO KIDD

KO KIDD Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 5, 2009
    wlad fought purity Martin schulz Byrd pannel Mercer botha in his first 40 fights that's much better than who wilder fought

kriszhao likes this.
  6. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Murat Gassiev says Wilder hits harder.

Gassiev Warns Povetkin: Wilder Punches Harder Than Klitschko

This content is protected

7. lbarrow

lbarrow Active Member Full Member

Dec 17, 2004
    Clean one punch power is say there about evens. Wilder looks more devastating because he comes windmilling in. But just hitting with one shot I'd say it's close. Neither bit like a Lewis or foreman but it's good enough power

8. Okin129

Okin129 ... Full Member

Mar 24, 2017
    Ortiz = Byrd
    Stiverne in 2015 > Mercer in 2002
    Duhaupas > Botha

Puritty was a journeyman, GTFOH if you think Wlads resume was much better than Wilders at 40 fights ydksab.
    Botha lost every fight against a decent opponent. Mercer in 2002 was shot to bits. Schulz was never that good
    to begin with and had intervertebral discs surgery before the fight.

Puritty...lmao and by the way if you don't know Wlad lost to him.

You can talk up Wlads opponents but that doesn't make it true, the reality is his opponents weren't better than
    Wilders at 40 fights into his career and Wlad lost to a journeyman which makes Wilders resume better.

Those maggots coming out of their holes trying to tell me what world beaters Wlad fought against, this is the last
    time i will respond to you clowns, do your research and watch the fights and you will see, **** is getting on my
    nerves.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  9. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    I don't know how anyone comes to the conclusion Wilder hits harder Based on level of who they actually knocked out and the fact producing a harder punch consists of technique and when you combine weight and speed to an accurate punch it's going to hurt you more!

Many of Wilders K.O's were also setup by illegal punches .

Wilder has a very good straight right but Klitchkos jab alone shows you the difference between the two.

There's a reason Finkel was not going to let Wilder near Wlad bc certain sparring stories certainly reached him!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  10. GlaukosTheHammer

GlaukosTheHammer Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 7, 2017
    Deontay, by a lot, because of powerline.

11. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Wlad has more proven one punch power against a greater range of opponents, but Wilder sells out on his shots every time while Wlad often holds back so as to be able to remain defensively sound. That allows Wilder to wring more out of his shots, because all he cares about is getting as much power into the shot as possible. Wlad rarely sold out like that yet still knocked opponents unconscious. That to me demonstrates superior one punch power and superior punching period.

12. kriszhao

kriszhao Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Stivern is equal to Mercer Bahahaha lay down the crack pipe
    Stivern always was a bum and never beat anybody of note.
    And again Wilder's only decent win is Ortiz who was washed up by your standards and in worse shape then Shultz since you know shultz was not almost pulled by the commision due to poor health.
    And Byrd is better than Ortiz when has Ortiz and it's not close never won a title, or ranked as #1 heavyweight in his division and has never beaten an ATG like Byrd has multiple times...

Duhpas could not even beat Teper or Paineta
    Byrd and Ortiz equal wow lol man, how many times were you dropped by your momma when she was trying to throw you in the dumpster.

13. andrewa1

andrewa1 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 8, 2013
    True, Wlads resume was about the same as Wilders after 40 fights. Id put Byrd higher than Ortiz but Wlad had the loss.

But Wlad to go through the same stuff Wilder is going through now. Most forumgoers irrationally picks on emerging greats while they are making their way. Then when their career settles down, they start to get more credit. K haters didn't even rank the Ks in the top 25 until Vitali retired and Wlad was a few fights away from retirement, and they were generally rated outside the top 10 or 15 even by normal posters. Now even people like Dino grudgingly put them in the top 20, and most put Wlad in top ten or near it and Vit in top 15.

If Wilder keeps getting wins, he'll get his credit eventually. If he nosedives, he probably won't.

14. Guybino

Guybino Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Joshua can overpower his opponents, push them around and blast them out.

Wilder does have a more powerful right hand, but doesn't have that physical strength AJ does. When they do meet in the ring I am fully expecting to see AJ dictate the ring (and ultimately KO Wilder).

15. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    wlad.

wilder flaps a lot.