Who in history would beat Vitali Klitschko?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by archdeacon99, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Moggy94

Moggy94 Active Member Full Member

Mar 25, 2021
    Based on how highly this forum thinks of him pretty much anyone who was ever Heavyweight Champion before him

2. Glass City Cobra

Glass City Cobra H2H Burger King Full Member

Jan 6, 2017
    The Vitali cognitive dissonance:

-Assume Vitali would easily tear through the resume of previous HW champs such as Louis, Rocky, etc because he was a big, skilled, super heavyweight and the opponents were not particularly great.

-Acknowledge Vitali's resume was not particularly great, but give him points for being dominant.

-Dispute and disagree with the notion that other skilled super heavyweights could tear through the resume of Vitali.

3. Entaowed

Entaowed Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Dec 16, 2012
    You are welcome man! How did you find your way here?

I did not know that Toney only used PEDs for healing-I would like to see sources to see if you are correct. I recall a Sports Illustrated story where he threatened people with a gun in the gym, at least I do not believe he would have scruples about using.
    Either way it is not necessary for my case, but I wonder. Vitali had his brush with PEDs too, but was naturally huge.

If he really held his own with sparring against Vitali, *and* it was a real contest as opposed to the working things out practices that are the usual, that would give me pause.

But you must know that Ruiz was a skille spoiler, not on the level of a Champion, nor similar to Vitali stylistically.
    And Holyfield was a ghost of what he was before...Days short of 41, he had won 1 of his last 4, & after the next fight after losing to Toney lost to Larry Donald. He ha a shoulder injury, it is quite unlikely Toney would have a chance when both prime.

OK I overstated things for effect...But whatever you factor in, it seems that toney would have less than a 1 in 10 chance to beat Vitali.
    Who always came in very fit.
    Who dwarfed him & was way stronger.
    Who for a HW was a high volume puncher, cery unlike Toney.
    Who had an iron chin.

Do you think that barring a freak injury-which happened very seldom in his whole fighting career-the pros being a fraction of his amateur & knickboxing career-Toney would have a realtsic shot?

4. mr. magoo

mr. magoo VIP Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I would comfortably favor Muhammad Ali and Larry Holmes to beat him. Joe Louis would have a good chance if he gets a chance to work in close and lands his combinations to the head and body. Tyson Fury is also a strong possibility. Tyson, Frazier and Marciano are too small I think

5. DanDaly

DanDaly Active Member Full Member

Apr 28, 2020
    Someone that is 250 lbs is not a modern giant. There is no possible way for me to say that any simpler.

Claw4075 said that height and weight made Vitali a modern giant. Again, 250 lbs is not a modern giant. 6'7 is tall but Vitali is rather skinny at 250 lbs for his height. Giants aren't skinny. Eddie Hall, Thor, guys competing in worlds strongest man, THOSE could be considered "modern giants". They have a good 100-150+ lbs on Vitali easily.

Modern training or not Vitali is skinny for his height. He isn't a huge like a "modern giant" would be.

Entirely irrelevent to the conversation. Am I being trolled?

Why does there have to be a modern giant? You're operating under the assumption that this is a billet that has to be filled.

6. White Bomber

White Bomber Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 31, 2021
    Tyson is way stronger than Louis.

7. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Good post, man!

8. mr. magoo

mr. magoo VIP Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I’m sure he was stronger. But Louis did better on the inside.

swagdelfadeel likes this.
  9. White Bomber

White Bomber Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 31, 2021
    As slow and flat footed as he was, Louis stands no chance of ever getting inside

10. Tonto62

Tonto62 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Mar 26, 2011
    He never failed to do so!

JohnThomas1 and swagdelfadeel like this.
  11. Tonto62

Mar 26, 2011
    Louis picked Carnera up, and manhandled him, he was a very strong man.

12. Tonto62

Mar 26, 2011
    Vitali is the one who was slow and flatfooted.

13. swagdelfadeel

swagdelfadeel Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Are you really calling somebody slow and flat footed in a Vitali thread?

14. THE BLADE 2

THE BLADE 2 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2009
    I guess it is not as difficult as the title of the thread suggests when Byrd and a faded Lewis get the job done

15. THE BLADE 2

THE BLADE 2 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2009
    I would add Wlad , Joe Frazier, Riddick Bowe….