Who in history would beat Vitali Klitschko?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by archdeacon99, Nov 10, 2018.

1. BitPlayerVesti

BitPlayerVesti Boxing Drunkie Full Member

Oct 28, 2017
    Much less impressive when you realise he only has this record because he quit on his stool against Byrd.

2. THE BLADE 2

THE BLADE 2 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2009
    A lot of fighters

Gatekeeper likes this.
  3. BitPlayerVesti

Oct 28, 2017
    I'd like to see it.

PhillyPhan69 likes this.
  4. The Undefeated Lachbuster

The Undefeated Lachbuster I check this every now and then Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    This content is protected

Skip to 4:26

5. GOAT Primo Carnera

GOAT Primo Carnera Member of the PC Fan Club Full Member

Jan 28, 2018
    Great viable rational source.

Thats the difference between a blatherer and a thinker.

This content is protected

mrkoolkevin likes this.
  6. The Undefeated Lachbuster

The Undefeated Lachbuster I check this every now and then Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Ok? I was just saying what he thought

7. GOAT Primo Carnera

GOAT Primo Carnera Member of the PC Fan Club Full Member

Jan 28, 2018
    And I´m just saying its a terrible source.

Maybe we can´t blame him, when he got caught in memories of the past. Beeing young, everything was better in the old days, isn´t it?

mrkoolkevin likes this.
  8. Gazelle Punch

Gazelle Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 15, 2018
    What he said lol except I’m not sure if his brother wins...those older brothers would rather die then lose a fight to their younger lol.

9. Gazelle Punch

Gazelle Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 15, 2018
    Nothing is 100 pct but I’d def pick Ali Joe Luis, Lennox, Marciano, Holmes, Foreman, Tyson as locks. Liston, Holyfield, Frazier as slight favorites and Dempsey and Wlad ad 50/50s. It also wouldn’t surprise me to see someone like jersey joe give him a hard time. And yeah The BF24 mvp Chris Byrd (big fan by the way).

10. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Bit,

Are the names Jack Johnson, Ezzard Charles, Sugar Ray Robinson, Harry Wills, Roberto Duran, and Mike Tyson, impressive fighters in your book? They share a common results with Vitali, can you guess what it is? They quit too. The hall of fame is full of fighters who quit.

There are various degrees of quitting. Quitting with an injury is better than just saying I'm out.

BitPlayerVesti likes this.
  11. BitPlayerVesti

Oct 28, 2017
    True, but my point is he would have lost more than 3 rounds against Byrd had he not quit, which kinda makes it ring hollow.

PhillyPhan69 likes this.
  12. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    My point would be the injury was confirmed in round three, and without it he likely beats Chris Byrd 10-2 on points.

With the shoulder tear he was still way ahead on points, and this was a prime level Chris Byrd.

The Score cards were 88-83, 88-83, & 89-82. [url]Harold Lederman[/url], [url]HBO[/url]'s unofficial judge, had Klitschko ahead 88-83 at the time of the stoppage.

Fans who say Vitali quit need to check themselves, as he did so with an injury and many in history quit with less.

Vitali, being a sports doctor quit when his arm went numb, as he feared permeant damage. I really don't think he had a clue as to how the press would react to it and his corner didn't have a guy like Angelo Dundee to talk him out of it.

Balder likes this.
  13. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Yeah Johnson quit with a damaged hand in a fight ,he was 50 years old. He went 7rds with a broken arm when he was 35 to manage a draw .Johnson fought for 78 minutes 26 rounds with a giant who was in the shape of his life.Johnson was a fat 37.

How old was Vitali when he quit against Byrd with the same injury Buddy McGirt went into the ring with against Pernell Whitaker and stuck it out for lose a decision?

Robinson didn't quit he collapsed and was incoherent for 2 days afterwards. Is the HOF full of fighters who quit when in their prime?

14. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    You need someone to talk you out of quitting?
    You worry about how the press will react?
    You don't quit because you want to be able to face that guy you see in the mirror when you shave! Not because you're worried about what the press will say!
    Who was it talked Danny Williams out of quitting when he dislocated his arm against Mark Potter , continued and ko'd Potter?
    Who talked Ali out of quitting against Norton when he got his jaw broke?
    Arthur Abraham and Kevin Finnegan who sustained broken jaws in fights?
    Larry Holmes who came into the ring against Norton with a torn Biceps?
    Vitali quit in a fight he was winning,against a light hitting man he towered over, he could have continued and won with one arm as Williams did against Potter.
    But he elected to quit , end of.

15. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    Well Ali wanted to quit and as Dundee to cut his gloves off vs Liston. He was talked out of it. If not for Dundee's being there, its Liston TKO over Ali.

You can win with a broken jaw. It’s not part of punching, but with a torn up shoulder that requires surgery you are in trouble.

Yes a good corner can guide their fighter away from quitting. In the world Vitali came from, quitting with an injury meant little in the amateurs. I do not think he had an idea of how the Western press would react to it.

Balder likes this.