Who is better equipped to be able to beat every middleweight in history head to head GGG or Canelo?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Can I box, Jul 4, 2019.

1. ironchamp

ironchamp Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 5, 2004
    GGG.

His work ethic, power and relentlessness are compelling enough reasons to expect him to fare well against anyone. There are a number of middleweights that I would favor over Golovkin but in a round robin tournament GGG will pick up more wins than Canelo.

iii, BCS8 and Can I box like this.
  2. ElCyclon

ElCyclon Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 2, 2012
    The thing is Canelo would actually fight those guys while GGG would simply just idly wait for Canelo to have a date available for him.

maac likes this.
  3. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    allthree smash Canelo!

AS will 3G in the rematch!!

4. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Canelo will fight anybody except Golovkin right now. He's having flashbacks of those uppercuts from hell and the smell of sulphur when GGG shook him up with blistering punches in the 10th ;)

His fans should do the right thing and buy him a mickey mouse night light so that he can feel safe and get some sleep. :D

iii and Can I box like this.
  5. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Funny how GGG fans only began to claim he was past his prime once he faced some decent fighters (Jacobs and Canelo). When he was smashing up the likes of Martin Murray, Dominic Wade and Willie Monroe at the age off 33 he didn't seem to have regressed much, then finally steps up his competition and looks like a good but limited fighter.
    And after the Canelo and Jacobs fights how did this supposedly past it Golovkin perform at the age of 36 against Vanes Matirosyan ?? Oh yes he destroyed him in exactly the same manner he did all the C+ fighters he battered before encountering Alvarez and Jacobs.

Convenient excuse comes to mind.

6. Can I box

Can I box Member Full Member

Jun 20, 2019
    GGG beat Jacobs and Canelo twice. He actually showed he’s not limited by showing he can fight differently when the level gets higher or else he would have fallen like a David Lemieux.

BCS8 and iii like this.
  7. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    What's funny...

Can I box likes this.
  8. Gatekeeper

Oct 18, 2009
    He beat Jacobs in a close fight yes. The 24 rounds with Canelo were extremely close and could of gone either way anybody shouting robbery has an agenda, both guys spent the 24 rounds missing their punches or hitting the gloves with the occasional partially landed shot or clean jab, it was inconclusive and neither Alvarez or GGG took any risks or went all out at any any point.

9. Can I box

Can I box Member Full Member

Jun 20, 2019
    Yeah so he didn’t show he was limited at the highest level did he?

BCS8 likes this.
  10. Gatekeeper

Oct 18, 2009
    Well yes actually, after what a 36 year old Mayweather did to Canelo you would think that if Golovkin is the unstoppable machine that his fans like to claim then he would have done a similar job on CA as Floyd did.

yeyo monster likes this.
  11. LANCE99

LANCE99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Except he's NOT an unstoppable machine. If you focus on what some random fans say, you'll never see the big pic.

iii and Can I box like this.
  12. Boxcel

Boxcel Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2019
    GGG haters can't admit that a 36 year old is past his physical prime or it would shatter their world view. They refuse to see that GGG was much faster and technical in his earlier years. Even in the Vanes fight he looked extremely stiff. You haters harp on about resume and can't seem to use your eyes

Of course, if they admit that GGG wasn't at his physical best it would mean admitting a younger GGG would've beaten Canelo decisively.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    BCS8, Can I box and LANCE99 like this.
  13. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    But could he beat any middle in history?

Can I box likes this.
  14. escudo

escudo Boxing Addict Full Member

May 13, 2014
    I'd favor either of them over Leonard at middle, and I think GGG would KO Hearns as well FWIW.

Can I box and mark ant like this.
  15. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    When did Nunn get nailed with a big shot before he was stopped by Toney, that right hand wasn`t any harder than GGG or Canelo`s punches and most of Toney`s shots weren`t that hard.

iii likes this.