Who is greater? Manny Pac. or Roberto Duran?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by MAG1965, Nov 11, 2009.

1. jrhjoker

jrhjoker Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 24, 2009
    you barely found that out. I HEARD SCATTERED swallows while SILVER LIKES rubbing al over his smooth chest...:shock:

2. VX.Nefarious

VX.Nefarious Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 14, 2009
    what kinda bs is that, pac has never and will never fight someone like Hearns, SRR also has less division titles than pacquiao, so??? ha!

3. See Me Flow

See Me Flow The Pharaoh of Boxing Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    If Pac beats Cotto convincingly Saturday night, it may be appropriate to mention Pac in the same sentence as Duran, not better than Duran but equivalent.

4. VX.Nefarious

VX.Nefarious Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 14, 2009
    if pac beats Cotto, Mosley(in the next year), and Mayweather it may be appropriate to mention pac in the same sentence as Duran. IMHO

5. jrhjoker

jrhjoker Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 24, 2009

maybe just to pec pec fans no one else.:good

6. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 7, 2008
    :patsch:lol::patsch.

pac beat the great mexican triumvirate.

em, mab and jmm.

beat dlh and hatton. hopefully cotto too.

:lol:

7. Addie

Addie Myung Woo Yuh! Full Member

Jun 14, 2006

The wins over Morales have to be kept in perspective, Scatterbrain. Nobody is about to tell me that Erik was near his best, it just wasn't the case. In any event, the win against Marco is flat out incredible, but some people who felt Marquez won the second fight, will most likely hold that against Manny as a result.

The Oscar win also needs to be kept in perspective, whereas the Hatton blowout is even more incredible than outclassing Marco at 126lbs.

Basically, let's keep things in perspective here.

8. MAG1965

MAG1965 VIP Member banned

Dec 1, 2008
    That is what people seem to not understand. Great fighters are not as great when they just win their first title. Hagler drew with Vito, and then later as champion he destroyed him. Experienced is what Ray needed, and when he had it he easily beat Duran. Also, Duran's win over Ray was not a demolition. He went 15 rounds with a relatively inexperienced guy and couldn't stop him at his own game.

9. MAG1965

Dec 1, 2008
    If Pacman beats Mosley and Mayweather, he will have done something Duran never did. Beat multiple great fighters. Duran only beat 3 hall of fame fighters, and they are Buchanan, Dejesus and Leonard. Duran fought many greats, but he did not beat them. Barkley might become Hall of fame someday, but fact is Duran did not beat many great fighters. That is the issue I have with him being top 10 ATG. The facts are not there.

10. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 7, 2008
    selkill. keep in perspective that pac, jmm, em and mab fought in divisions lower than that of the quartet of srl, duran, hearns and hagler.

i agree that the 3rd pac morales match is a bit meaningless but the second morales fight, was a little past it was still clearly competitive. and remember pac is the only fighter to KO the great EM.

while duran, srl, hearns and hagler sort of had wins against each other, pac was clearly the most dominant of the 4.

I admire duran and in fact the OP highly rates duran being around top 20-30. what i cannot accept and what cannot the OP accept is the some people contention that duran is top 5 atg. how?

srl beat him in rematch. hearns beat him senseless. hagler ko hearns.

if duran is top 5, where does it put srl, hearns and hagler then?

11. MAG1965

Dec 1, 2008
    it is true, Pacman has an excellent resume, and he is doing something which Duran did not do. yeah beating Ray was good, but I think that win is overrated in light of Ray being a little inexperienced. Fact is Ray made Duran quit in the rematch. The usual thing which happens is if a fighter is knocked out the first time, he is knocked out quicker the second time. If Duran wanted to completely prove he beat Ray he should have knocked him out, then there would have been no rematch. But there was and Ray outclassed him, no one but two times after the first fight.

12. Knives7

Knives7 Boxing Addict banned

Jan 24, 2009
    Sadly, those boxers doesn't exist in our era. But Pacquiao can still fight Mayweather Jr.

13. NALLEGE

NALLEGE VIP Member banned

Aug 26, 2008
    This is like the dumbest infantile shite that I've ever read...seriously. Just because you're Filipino doesn't mean that you have to speak utter bullshite. Some of the worst thoughts on this forum favoring Pac over Duran in any light just pisses me off lol...:twisted::fire

14. Knives7

Knives7 Boxing Addict banned

Jan 24, 2009
    That's a good idea but I don't fighting Mosley will do him any good especially now that he said that he has only 1 fight left. Mayweather is the one that he should fight. That would be the fight of the century. :bbb

15. NALLEGE

NALLEGE VIP Member banned

Aug 26, 2008
    It does not come down to how many h.o.f fighter Duran beat that makes him top 5. His skills, his willingness to fight anyone, and his dominance of the lw division for nearly 7 years is what made his bones. Beating Leonard moving up, Moore, and Barkley at age 38 I believe is icing on the cake. Duran is not thoughtof as a top 5 becuase of beating 3 h.o.f's dun.