Mikey or AJ

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BoxingDialogue, Jun 21, 2019.

1. BoxingDialogue

BoxingDialogue Active Member Full Member

Apr 26, 2019
    ???

Last edited: Apr 2, 2024
  2. RingKing75

RingKing75 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Dec 23, 2013
    AJ. Mikey is going to get the crap beaten out of him by DSG

Quina74 and George Crowcroft like this.
  3. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017
  4. notjustacasual

notjustacasual Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jun 3, 2019
    Mikey just got beat by a bigger more skilled guy, he hung in tough though, no shame.

Joshua quit vs a little fatty

So you tell me

Hanz Cholo and lefthandlead like this.
  5. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    If Garcia stays at 147 like he says, then all bets are on Joshua. There's nobody of note he can beat in that weightclass imo.
    If he goes back down anyway, 140 even then I expect him to become a force again.

George Crowcroft and Greg Price like this.
  6. titanic

titanic Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 7, 2016
  7. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017
  8. FastSmith7

FastSmith7 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2017
    The lenghts Mikey goes to not fight Loma

9. BIGLU

BIGLU Member Full Member

May 28, 2019
    What does Andy being a shorter and fatter have to do with his boxing skill?

10. pistal47

pistal47 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    Mikey, no question. Kids a stone cold battle hardened warrior. AJ's heart doesnt seem to be in it anymore, imo he seems blatantly burned out. And the compliment I gave to Mikey and not Joshua wasnt supposed to be a sleight at AJ, all these dudes are warriors, I just think the pressure, expectations, and op-tempo was too much too soon -- and probably for anyone, especially considering this all started for AJ when he "won" gold in the Olympics. Way more than the weight of a nation, and he has been a bona fide superstar since KO'ing Wlad -- who looked abd fought like a 30 year old not a 41 year old.

11. Quina74

Quina74 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 25, 2019
    AJ by far. He has a good few years left in him - let's not get carried away with the Ruiz loss, AJ still has a good chance of beating the living shite out of Wilder (as Wilder also has the potential to bludgeon AJ into unconsciousness) and honestly I think it's 60-40 in a fight against Fury. Fury may pepper him with jabs and make him look silly but AJ may be able to rough and tough him. If a telegraphed puncher like Wilder can connect and Tom Schwarz can land something I wouldn't put it past AJ to just bulldoze him.

I think shorter fighters are AJs achilles heel but I also think the hype Ruiz is getting is pretty ridiculous. AJ knocks him down, and carelessly goes for the finish getting caught with a horrible shot that he never really recovers from. He does the same stupid **** in 3rd and 4th knockdown where he thinks he has Ruiz dazed, goes in and gets pummeled by lightning snicker hands. He just needs to be cautious and not greedy. AJ does have the potential to make it a one sided affair in the rematch (just as Ruiz has the potential to drift AJ into an inside battle where it becomes 60-40 to the faster guy).

Mikey, on the other hand, dodges Loma, to fight Danny Garcia. Mikey just wants the excuse " oh I lost to a bigger fighter" rather than getting no mas'd...which to be fair I'm not surprised. Though if he can beat Garcia, he puts himself on the map at Welterweight...

12. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Manny Pacquiao — The Thurmanator banned Full Member

Jul 21, 2017
    You don't see Mikey as having a good shot of beating Pacquiao? 41 years old and the styles matchup (patient counterpuncher) heavily favors Mikey.

13. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    nope. He'll lose that one too