who is the best Lightweight of all time. Who do you think?

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by mark ant, Jun 10, 2019.

Who is the best MMA lightweight combatant of all-time?

1. Khabib Nurmagomedov

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. Tony Ferguson

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Rafael Dos Anjos

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. BJ Penn

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. Up the gut

Up the gut Active Member banned Full Member

Dec 10, 2018
    BJ prime had the best hands in the UFC by a country mile..You could be forgiven for thinking he had switched over from Boxing he was that natural throwing !

2. ForemanJab

ForemanJab Deus Vult Full Member

May 8, 2014
    People forget how talented Penn was in his prime. Could any of those guys beat a prime Hughes or go the distance with Machida? After he got rid of Marinovich he stopped training for his fights, the Edgar robbery took the last of his desire.

UnleashtheFURY likes this.
  3. DONT B SCARED

DONT B SCARED Pimpin Aint Easy Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Yeah I agree and since Penn was also a BJJ world champ (1st ever non brazilian to win a world title) he was imo the most skilled all round of those listed.
    Apart from bias of recent results and some of the newer fans maybe not realising how good Penn was in his prime,I'm not really sure how anybody could put any of them ahead of Penn who also had more sustained success at the very top then all of those guys listed combined,with all his losses before Edgar being at Welterweight and above.

Up the gut likes this.
  4. Up the gut

Up the gut Active Member banned Full Member

Dec 10, 2018
    Totally.. BJ is quite clearly the boy at lightweight for me all time. An intense brilliantly rounded fighter

DONT B SCARED likes this.