Who is the man at heavy...Usyk or Fury?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by catchwtboxing, Oct 17, 2022.

Usyk or Fury

1. Usyk

46.3%
  2. Fury

53.7%
  1. heerko koois

heerko koois Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Usyk.....because Fury got a 9.5 seconds count in his first fight with Wilder

2. Mr Stagger Lee

Mr Stagger Lee Active Member Full Member

Sep 8, 2022
    Fury skills!!! Compared with Usyk he has very little skills. He leans on opponents, often comes forward with a leading forearm and then punches over the top. Can slip punches when he can be bothered and yes that is skillful, but relies on size and awkwardness, not that skilled in my opinion. Usyk pulls punches from no where, footwork that a man of that weight really shouldn't have, fast combinations, good head movement and ring craft that will be remembered for a long time to come.

3. TheWizard

TheWizard I Got Milk Baby Full Member

Jan 20, 2021
    Fury. And it'll show when they fight.

MrBarry465 likes this.
  4. gollumsluvslave

gollumsluvslave Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 20, 2020
    Until they fight, Fury has to be taken as no 1...

...but, I've always maintained that Fury will look slow as **** against Usyk.

As to whether or not Usyk's speed and movement will be enough to counter the leaning /ragdolling and borderline dirt that Fury will bring when he starts to get really frustrated, well that is the big question.

Back before Usyk had face AJ the first time, I was 100% certain that he would beat AJ, and I was pretty sure (like 80%) he would beat Fury then too.

Since then, I've definitely seen a bit of decline in Usyk, even though he still had enough to raise his game a bit to beat a better Joshua - arguably even wider the 2nd fight, but he failed to stop AJ which I thought he might.

However, the big thing Fury brings is that he is not gunshy, and will take 2 to land one, and will leave it all in there - he showed that in spades against Wilder

That's why it's such an intriguing match up. Right now I still favour Usyk maybe 60/40 as I think that Fury's skills and movement is relative to other big plodders, but the longer it is before the fight takes place, the more Usyk declines, though to be fair, Fury ain't getting any younger either and the Wilder fights must have taken plenty out of his longevity

5. MAD_PIGE0N

MAD_PIGE0N ... banned Full Member

Sep 3, 2022
    What's the excuse of the great, the one and only, the unique Usyk for fighting a total bag in the face of Chazz, then an average boxer as Chisora and finally Joshua, then pretending of being the greatest heavyweight currently?

Aside from the fan point of view: both have to seriously prove in the heavyweight division. If they don't - both aren't that great and can't tell for sure who's better than the other if they don't face. As for their legacy it's clear Fury has way better one in the category, while Usyk is great in the cruiser.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
  6. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    It's clearly Usyk from a legacy point of view but if Fury beats him he's THE MAN MAN MAN.

It all comes down to the final fight of the decade.

7. gneall

gneall Member Full Member

Jul 22, 2022
    32 heavyweight wins vs 4. Yes Usyk is probably the cruiserweight GOAT. (yes, over holyfield), but you can't talk about that when discussing his heavyweight career? beats Chazz (expected), beats Chisora (13 loss literal nobody with star power). His real upset was a mentally unstable AJ x2, but I'd say Wilder x3 and Wlad counter that out, along with 30 odd other wins. If Usyk could actually stand up to the Furys, Wilders and Joyces of the world remains to be seen

8. miniq

miniq Oleksandr Usyk Undisputed HW Champion Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Imagine thinking Usyk is the man because he took a bodybuilder the distance lol

9. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Usyk is P4P King
    The Ring Magazine King
    The three belt unified King
    The IBF King
    The WBA King
    The WBO King
    The former undisputed CW King
    The former IBF CW King
    The former WBA CW King
    The former WBO CW King
    The former Olympic King
    The former World Amateur Championships King
    The former European King
    The former WSB King
    The former Muhammad Ali Trophy King

The first HW to be P4P King in over 30 years

King Usyk has more gold in his trophy cabinet than Fort Knox

Fury is the WBC King
    The former three belt unified IBF, WBA & WBO King
    The former IBF King
    The former WBA King
    The former WBO King
    The former European King
    The former British King
    The former Commonwealth King

And The Gypsy King

He's won one more belt than Usyk at HW

Looks like a landslide victory for King Usyk who has a way better resume and has beaten twice the amount of world champions in way less fights

You can't hold three belts at HW and be the P4P King and not be The Man

It makes no sense

That is what I am talking about and what you are talking about now

10. FastLeft

FastLeft Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 23, 2022
    P4P is imaginary & means nothing at heavyweight.
    heavyweight don't need to be "P4P". it is mere consolation award for small men .

11. FastLeft

FastLeft Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 23, 2022
    Ruiz beat AJ too
    worse than Usyk did.

MAD_PIGE0N likes this.
  12. MAD_PIGE0N

MAD_PIGE0N ... banned Full Member

Sep 3, 2022
    PPV, P4P and number of titles held means nothing, never did, never will. The only thing that matters is how many top boxers one defeated. I even think that if there's one belt, it'll be much harder for them to define who's better and motivate them to fight more often against better opponents.

FastLeft likes this.
  13. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    So are the HW rankings then. It's all opinions after all

Fury loves smaller men

Usyk is in the giant slaying business

14. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Undeniably, Tyson Fury.

He went to two long reigning champions back yards and dethroned the both of them.

Common opponent = Chisora.

Fury stopped Chisora. Usyk went the full 12 and didn't look overly impressive doing so.

HW wins over Wlad, Wilder, Chisora, Whyte, Wallin vs AJ, Chisora and Witherspoon...... no contest there.

DaRealJT and MAD_PIGE0N like this.
  15. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    Let's not forget juiced to the gills Fury needed two attempts to stop Chisora

Chisora gave Fury plenty of problems in their first fight and that was flabby no S&C green Chisora not this juiced to the gills man strength KO power punching one

This content is protected

Usyk fought that Chisora in a shoe box sized ring in the UK