Who ranks higher P4P: Josh Taylor or Errol Spence Jr?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Sooncreate3, May 23, 2021.

1. Maidanas Gun Tattoo

Maidanas Gun Tattoo Active Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2017
    Look, you think Spence stops Prograis and Ramirez, but don’t even have a parameter set up for Spence against lightweight. This makes you appear silly with an agenda to prop up Spence more than can be justified.

Furey and gollumsluvslave like this.
  2. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    Spence don't need propping up nor does Crawford. You and your homie keep acting like Taylor is on their level right now and I am telling you and him that he is not. You can chop that up any way you want to but I am not buying that he is. I know better.

3. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Taylor for sure. Spence is a very good fighter but he's only beaten two world class fighters his own size and he struggled badly against both even though Brook was hardly at his best for a host of reasons. Against career 140 pounder featherfists and blown up 135s like Mikey he looks the business but as I keep saying it's a different ballgame when you face opponents your own size and so far we haven't seen him put in a dominant performance against a prime natural 147 pounder yet (Brook was doing well in that one until the nasty head clash in round 8 shattered his orbital socket). I'm sure Taylor's size, power and strength would enable him to look incredibly destructive against featherfisted 135 pounders and blown up 126 and 130 pounders who were fighting in their fifth weight class.

Taylor bashed up Porter who beat Spence in many people's eyes or was at least deserving of a draw and Ugas who beat Porter in many people's eyes in the gym when he was a mere seven fight novice

Excerpt from a Jan, 2017 article

'Josh Taylor, the fast-rising Edinburgh starlet in the McGuigan stable headed by Carl Frampton, is taking his inspiration and plenty of freely given advice from Scottish legend Ken Buchanan.

Taylor, the Commonwealth Games champion, takes on Mexico's Alfonso Olvera on the undercard of the Frampton-Leo Santa Cruz rematch in Las Vegas having knocked out all his first seven professional opponents.

There are reports of the light-welterweight seriously troubling former world champion Shawn Porter in sparring here and he says: 'If I can emulate Mr Buchanan by coming back to America and taking world titles home to Scotland I will be very happy.'

David ''The Hayemaker'' Haye has seen him do some amazing things behind closed doors

Porter on sparring Taylor

Quina74 likes this.
  4. Maidanas Gun Tattoo

Sep 29, 2017
    I like how you completely avoided anything I said. You expect Taylor to knock out Prograis and Ramirez to be legit but Spence can’t even knock down a lightweight and that supposedly makes Spence better. How Sway?

Quina74 likes this.
  5. Quina74

Quina74 Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 25, 2019
    Once Spence beats a good fighter that's remotely his size then he can be considered p4p.. You dumbasses hyping a guy whose a class A weight bully offender

6. johnny_o

johnny_o Member Full Member

Dec 26, 2020
    An excellent question, but one with a simple answer: Taylor. Spence is overrated and has been for years. Nice to see Taylor finally getting the recognition he's deserved for some time.

7. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    I never said I expected Taylor to knock out Ramirez or Prograis. What I said was that Spence and Crawford for sure would have stopped them. You talking about Spence couldn't knock down Mikey and I asked you, what fighter you know that has knocked down Mikey. Now, no matter how you rant and whine, the fact is that Taylor at this moment is not on the level of Spence nor Crawford. From reading your posts, it seems that you are agitated about something totally different than the art of boxing. You talk like a man with a hole in his head and I am done entertaining this nonsense so get your little reply off but there will not be a response from me because the more you talk, the dumber you get.

8. Maidanas Gun Tattoo

Sep 29, 2017
    By saying Spence and Crawford would have stopped Ramirez sets up the expectation that Taylor should have too and that’s why they are better than Taylor by your estimation. The rest of your post about my “agitation” is all projection. I have discussed this with you as a gentleman. Now you resort to insults. The sign that your argument holds no weight. Go away now.

9. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 29, 2007
    As a top amateur he fought away from home and he took the title in Kell Brook’s home town.

10. destruction

destruction Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Josh Taylor has the better resume and is the better fighter

Quina74 likes this.
  11. 22JM

22JM Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Well Taylor is in a weaker division, And Spence will stop Taylor and make him look silly.

12. bandeedo

bandeedo Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    different levels. taylor is not on the same level as spence, he isnt as good yet. may never get that good, but he is gonna get better than he is now. how much better, we will see.

13. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Taylor

His last 5 opponents = 136-1