who really think eubank can win the 168 super series

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by STEPHEN1990, Aug 24, 2017.

1. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    his record is trash

saunders - outboxed and getting showed up until saunders gassed and give rounds away
    abraham - shot to **** with no work rate
    spike - basic and slow not even britsh level
    blackwell - britsh level at best
    chudinov - walking punch bag

his got horrible footwork wide open you can see his punchers coming from a mile away and all this hype he can punch

Bensub likes this.
  2. Jim Jeffries

Jim Jeffries Ring General banned Full Member

Feb 24, 2013
    I agree. He's not great though styles make fights. He misses wildly when he lunges in sometimes and leaves himself wide open.

His workrate, stamina and aggression is what he has going for him.

I think 168 is a step too far and he doesn't hit hard enough to win the tourney imo. I think the next guy he's fighting Avni Yildirim may take him to hell and back. I think i'd only favor Eubank Jr over Jamie Cox and that wouldn't be a certainty.

3. Matt Petley

Matt Petley Active Member Full Member

May 19, 2017
    eubank is overrated hasn't beaten a world level fighter, hasn't got the power for 160 let alone 168, Groves, Smith + Cox beat him.

4. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    How far Jr goes, in the tournament and in boxing, all depends on his chin. If I see him take a few right hands from Groves or Smith the way his old man would have taken them, then I give him a good chance.

5. lawslaw

lawslaw Active Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    The only way jr can win it is if something freaky happens to GG.

6. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    He will pull out when he faces either Groves or Smith 100%

7. dellboi94

dellboi94 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2013
    I'd pick him to beat the robotic Callum Smith, but would favour Groves over Jr. I think he has a shot to win the super series though.

lawslaw likes this.
  8. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    i was talking to Andy Clarke at the weekend and we discussed the boxing series. He thinks Eubank can win it based on what he has been told about him from boxers and ex boxers.

9. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    groves and eubank both have hard fights to begin with

expecting both to win on points then eubank/groves is another hard fight

I can see one of the guys on the other side winning the tournament

callum smith has a difficult fight with skoglund

I don't know enough about brant but he's got the easy touch in braehmer who quit against cleverly, hes 38 and he's dropping down in weight

my moneys on smith

10. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Does he even get by the first round?

Semi-Finals at most.

11. DavidJames

DavidJames Active Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2016
    He wont win it - will win his first fight though

12. Northadox

Northadox Active Member Full Member

Apr 9, 2017
    I don't think he'll win, I think Groves will win this quite comfortably.

But it's a good chance for those like Smith Eubank Cox to prove themselves. No shame in losing in a competition this difficult

13. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    battle of the hype smith vs eubank smith has proved nothing his best win that guy that gave degale hell doesnt prove a thing lying on the ropes with that high guard and happens to catch the guy clean atleast you saw eubanks flaws against saunders i think smiths getting exposed bad soon

14. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Totally seeing people being wrong on eubank junior. Thought he was big potential from the beginning...just needed time to develop. in amongst the naysayers that basically done the same thing a lot are doing now. He wont get near british level. Then he wont get near european. And now he wont get near world level.

This kids got one thing a lot of boxers dont have as much as a lot of people think...complete belief in himself. Like the old man hes defo not vulnerable. I rate groves immensely...one of his biggest fans. Although i rate him a good bit better than eubank...i think eubank beats him. I think he deals with callum smith also...easier. i m not on the smith hype train. Good fighter...but another one that suddenly became the best of the lot....because eddie hearn said so and based on not a lot else. Same thing happened with brook. Even before the golovkin fight. I swear eddie kept telling people how brook was the best. Suddenly everyone had him beating pacman etc with ease. Neither smith or brook was based on any results in the ring...just very good marketing from eddie.

Eubank to win the tournament if he can get past groves anyway. The only guy that could stop him for me. He also doesnt have a problem with his power. Same guys that think that still think mayweather couldnt punch. Eubanks is clunky at times. Still sometimes goes from looking a true worldclass fighter to an amatuer now and again sometimes in the same round. Isnt the fastest. Footworks not great. His biggest weakness. But powers not one of his problems.

Trojan02 and JeremyCorbyn like this.
  15. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    He can definitely win it based on talent.

Who genuinely believes Senior won't try to renegotiate his deal and that he will finish the tournament...