who really think eubank can win the 168 super series

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by STEPHEN1990, Aug 24, 2017.

1. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    You not think groves is more laboured nowadays mate. Watched it in a pub with no sound...but looked to me like groves only has one way of fighting nowadays...forcing it out. Could well be enough to beat eubank but much prefered him when he was more of a sniper fighter.

Last night looked to me like it was laboured. Not too impressed tbh i m not too impressed with mcguigan and his tactics for groves either...think hes getting away with it atm cause the opposition isnt all that competetive for george. Hes a good fighter afterall.

matt007 likes this.
  2. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I don’t think he’s been allowed to fight his kind of fight and snipe with his jabs in his last couple of fights. Chudinov and Cox have both tried to rush in and suffocate him (although they took shots on their way in) on the inside. They haven’t been vintage performances but he’s shown in his last two fights that he can win a different way when he has too. His inside work last night was exceptional.

Gneus7 likes this.
  3. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
  4. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    He's not going to beat Groves and Callum Smith. Come on.

dazzpowder likes this.
  5. matt007

matt007 Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 5, 2010
    I think he will beat both of them

6. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Could happen...I wouldn't rule it out.

7. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    2 huge super-middleweights against a middleweight. Not a chance.

8. matt007

Nov 5, 2010
    Tactically maybe mcguigan isnt too good, my guess that is maybe one of
    the reason frampton and haye left.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  9. matt007

Nov 5, 2010
    We will just have to see about that. Eubank is not a small SMW by any mean. How smith at 6.3" and is still a SMW I never know. If he perform anything like he did v skodlung (sp) eubank would dominate him.

10. Scyson

Scyson Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 14, 2017
    He’s getting underrated from that Skoglund performance Smith.

He’s practically got a bye in to the final. He’s the favourite for me.

Has Eubank fought anyone near the power Callum has got? He’s got devastating power. I think Eubank can outwork the both of them and probably handle Groves power but I think Callum sinks a body shot in to Eubank and stops him in the final.

11. matt007

Nov 5, 2010
    Eubank would outboxed, outworked and outspeed smith IMO. He won't be hanging around too long for smith to hook him to the ribs. I think smith is good but nothing special.

lencoreastside likes this.
  12. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Groves was in control last night. I agree he didn't use his jab as well as usual and that allowed Cox to just wade in. But other than once or twice very little of note was landing and Groves was slipping and catching a lot of Cox's stuff. When you watch it back Groves was landing some of the cleaner stuff in the tight exchanges and was often having the last say. The counter straight right worked brilliantly on numerous occasions as it should for someone with his tools vs a southpaw. Well done to Cox though showed balls by bringing the fight which made it so enjoyable. Dignified in defeat too.

I see the next fight going as follows. Eubank starts well and has Groves looking in a bit of trouble then Eubank (super engine boy) is the one that gasses and then Groves stops him heavily.

13. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Eubank proved he's a maggot again. All dignified and respectful in the ring with Groves then when he's with his firm of other maggots on an IFL interview he's saying how he'll annihilate Groves. Typical. I can't understand how anyone can like him.

14. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    I would salute him for being polite in the ring mate - he let Groves have his moment of glory and didnt try to stael GG's thunder in the formal setting. Gave GG credit for the win - even took time to praise brave Jamie Cox too, which was quite classy actually.

The IFL stuff is much more casual - and even then Chris did or said nothing that was out of order at all.
    Didnt act the 'maggot' like you say at all.
    He is supremely confident - and I suspect there is substance behind his confidence. Time will tell.

tee_birch, JeremyCorbyn and Scyson like this.
  15. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Jr isn't much smaller than Groves, Callum Smith is another level in size though which is why I think its the much harder fight.

Look at Jr at the weigh in for Yildirim fight, he was skinny and dry as, no water weight and still barely under the limit. Come fight night he wasn't much smaller than Yildirim and Yildirim is a light heavy boiled down. Jr was fully hydrated and looked very strong, not skinny at all.

To say Jr is a Middleweight is misinformed, he is easy 180+ in the ring

lencoreastside likes this.