who remembers the great robbie regan v francis ampofo trilogy ?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by doug.ie, Apr 21, 2008.

1. doug.ie

doug.ie 'Classic Boxing Society' Full Member

Apr 1, 2008
    2 of them were great fights in cardiff for the british flyweight title...had them on video {before some ******* stole 180 boxing videos from where i lived in 93}...

anyone know much about robbie regan these days??...

a mate of mine beat francis ampofo much later...vinny feeney..

love to get a look at those regan v ampofo videos again..

2. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Those fights were incredible.... Robbie was a wicked little fighter but I've heard he is now a vagrant- no joke. Hope i'm wrong. Ampofo was a gutsy little banger. Thanks for bringing back some great memories. :good

Astro likes this.
  3. PrideOfWales

PrideOfWales Winston Zedmore Full Member

Apr 20, 2006
    After he retired, he worked the doors for a bit in Blackwood. Obviously being quite well known in the area, he saw a bit of action and was constantly in scraps. I think he got into drugs a bit and ended up going to jail for attacking somebody in their own home.

4. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    So sad... when he beat Ferrid Ben jeddou and Danial Jiminez he was undoubtebly world top ten material. His fight with Alberto Jiminez was of the highest order.

5. doug.ie

doug.ie 'Classic Boxing Society' Full Member

Apr 1, 2008
    sorry to bump this one again...but was mentioning the british title fights they had on another thread in the general section..
    i had both british title fights on vcr back in the early nineties,...
    dont see either fight on youtube...anyone know where i could get another copy ?

6. bolluckchops

bolluckchops New Member Full Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Robbie never worked any doors and although he had a bit of trouble with someone who was renting one of his houses,,,he was never into the "Drug scene"...Rob is my very best mate and I know him inside out......I have most of his fights on DVD too btw so if u email me
    This content is protected
    I will send u a copy

7. kosaros

kosaros Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 21, 2008
    I would love copies of his fights! How much? :p

8. bolluckchops

Apr 23, 2010
    Don't worry about the cost email me at
    This content is protected

9. bolluckchops

Apr 23, 2010
    Robbie is one of my very best mates send him a message on facebook tell him Chris Turley asked him to add you he will send u all the dvds u want he is my best mate since he was amateur

10. a welsh dragon

a welsh dragon New Member Full Member

Dec 14, 2013
    Robbie Regan was my best man and is a good friend of mine, In fact I just got off the fone to him...he is currently Training youngsters at his recently opened new gym in Cefn fforest. and to be honest he has had his ups and downs but who wouldn't if fate had dealt any one of us such a cruel blow as what happened to Robbie....I have every one of his televised fights but they are all on vhs am hoping to get them transferred to dvd soon. The Ampofo fights were classic but in fairness Rob should have won them all ....that blatant head butt..but as they say Que sera sera.....Robbie Regan my good friend you are a legend buddy xxxx btw bolluckchops is my twin bro .

11. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
  12. Astro

Astro Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    I clearly remember the fights and they were really good. 2 boxers who both wanted to win.

Ampofo has always had a place in my heart. Lovely little fighter :)