who should daniel dubois first comeback fight be against

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by daverobin, Nov 30, 2020.

1. daverobin

daverobin Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 30, 2015
    not sure of dubois future after saturday night but he should be ok to go by april and i say no more stiff.my 2 picks for dubois comeback fight
    1.bryant jennings ...still comes in shape l..name on the resume ...his best days are behind him
    2.carlos takam ..... same as above

if you managed daneil dubouis how would you matchmake him

2. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
  3. Decker

Decker Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 7, 2007
    1) Put him in vs. some low level journeyman in the low end top 250. DD should score a devastating KO.
    2) Put him in vs. some low level gatekeeper in the low end top 25. DD should win and maybe again score a devastating KO.

Now you have decisions to make.
    3) Put him in vs. some low level contender in the low end top 10 and see what happens. If he wins...
    4) Go for an early career cash haul vs. Fury or AJ. If he loses he has time to regroup.

Lots of paths to take. Much depends if that eye will heal well and he doesn't keep getting jabbed to death there.

Reinhardt and Dawuud GG like this.
  4. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    First, he needs to take the proper amount of time off, then have 2 or 3 lower level fights for confidences sake.

KidGalahad likes this.
  5. jaytxxl

jaytxxl Active Member Full Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Did Fraudley retire???

6. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Get outta my pub you slags!!! Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
  7. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Not confident he could beat either Jennings or Takam if I'm honest, perhaps too tough a fight to go straight into after such a crushing loss and an injury. Dubois needs a couple of confidence boosters last thing he needs right now is another testing fight where he struggles again and then could just mentally crumble and quit again because he's being haunted by his last loss.

Once he has some confidence back throw him in with someone like Hammer, tough, durable and will work enough to make him work but not just a punching bag like Johnson who mounted no offence at all and allowed Dubois to fight his own pace. After that then look for someone like Jennings and Takam who isn't just tough but can push him and be competitive.

8. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    For me I would write off 2021 completely for Daniel. He's only just turned 23 (September) so give him next year to rebuild confidence against low level opposition, similar to his pre-Joyce opposition. Then he's still only 24/25 in 2022 and can start stepping up again slowly. He doesn't need to rush and now he knows where he is weak he can spend a few years working on it so he can challenge again at the top level.

Brighton bomber likes this.
  9. theanatolian

theanatolian Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 2, 2015
  10. chico g

chico g Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    What's David Price doing these days?