Who should Samuel Peter Fight?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Sweden, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Sweden

Sweden Member Full Member

Aug 5, 2004
    Who would like to see against Peter?

This content is protected

2. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    Oliver McCall
    David Tua
    Vladimir Virchis
    Hasim Rahman

Any one would be fine with me, preferably McCall or Virchis since they deserve it the most. Tua would make for an absolute war and Rahman wouldn't be a bad fight until Peter can actually face Maskaev.

I just hope the show is still on at MSG for the 6th

3. Sweden

Aug 5, 2004
    I agree, but I would prefer Tua he has the fans, the name and the punch to make the fight interesting.

McCall is way to hyped, he has not beaten anyone since Akinwande years ago. I can't understand his high ranking, sure he beat SSS, but SSS struggled big time with Tua victim Montana. Thus, SSS isn't even a top 20 guy.

4. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    I would love to see Peter v. Tua. I wouldn't be surprised if either guy won, although I would lean towards Peter by decision.

I think Peter beats McCall by decision

5. 41fever

41fever Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 16, 2005
    McCall should get his shot

6. Jose FM

Jose FM Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2007
    #2 or #3 WBC contender, for the vacant belt, Maskaev hasnt fought a mandatory yet, and hes has the belt since august of last year so way over a year now.

7. RUSKULL

RUSKULL VIP Member banned

Dec 17, 2004
  8. Sweden

Aug 5, 2004
    Judging from McCall's last outings he would lose a loopsided decision to Peter. It will be onesided and fairly boring, resembling the Peter-Hawkins fight.

Tuaman can at least bring some excitement, but if the rankings were to be taken seriously McCall would get a shot. But rankings are rarely into play, look at Ibragimov's next opponent...

9. Irländsk

Irländsk Boxing Addict banned

Apr 19, 2007
    How many shots have McCall and Rahman had?**** them let's see some new guys get a go, give virchis a shot for ****s sake, Dimitrienko is also a good match up, we don't need another Holyfield-Ibragimov farce, these old ****s need to retire, meaning Moorer, Holyfield, Bowe, McCall, Rahman,Vitali, Maskaev and Briggs.

10. mykolakozak

mykolakozak Active Member Full Member

Nov 18, 2006
    Virchis...other than Wlad, he is the only one with a fist that can KO peter. And Peter has a chance to give this man his first KO

11. andyZOR

andyZOR Obsessed with Boxing banned

Feb 28, 2007
  12. mykolakozak

mykolakozak Active Member Full Member

Nov 18, 2006
    Reason please

13. Sweden

Aug 5, 2004
    Virchis could be interesting, but I doubt he can KO Peter. His last outing against the Italian guy wasn't very impressive. Virchis needs to bring his A-game, the way he fough against Chagaev and when he won kayoed the Italian in their first bout.

However, I feel that a lot of the fighters on this list are more interesting opponents than Maskaev.

14. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    McCall Or Rahman, not just some puncher who will give him an esy fight.

15. jisi

jisi Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 25, 2006
    Oliver McCall deserves the shot, he beat Sinan Samil Sam in his hometown.