Who was better between Anderson Silva and Jon "Bones" Jones?

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by mark ant, Sep 17, 2018.

1. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    I feel Jon Jones would be a lot better because Silva was dominating in MMA before it had really developed into a top sport, today`s fighters are much better than in Silva`s day but if Silva had been born the same year as Jones and had a good modern trainer then his natural skills could have been honed into something special, does anyone agree?

2. The Ogdoad

The Ogdoad Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 27, 2017
    Prime for prime I'd go with Jones, he's taller and has more reach as well as a more well rounded fight game. While he doesn't have Silva's one punch power, he can wrestle, and is just as dynamic a striker, but without all the goofing off. He has a better resume as well. Interestingly a prime Silva would have destroyed Gus in my opinion.

3. anders100

anders100 Active Member Full Member

Mar 16, 2016
    Prime Jones vs prime Silva - Jon Jones without a doubt. Picks him apart with the reach and destroys him in the clinch or on the ground - stoppage, TKO or submission.

I'll also favor Gus over Silva.

4. shanemfr

shanemfr Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 29, 2004
    Jones would do what ever he wanted to Silva. Considering what a roided Chael almost pulled off with take downs and GnP against Silva compared to a self confessed roided Chael was rag dolled against Jones...yes all 3 of previous mentioned fighters were pretty much Juiced, so it takes the argument out of one was dirty etc.