Who was better for pr?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Fat_asian, Apr 6, 2020.

1. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    That Ny doc is as big a liar as that POS Richardson.. Tony couldnt see out of that eye from round 2 & the doc knew that. But he let the fight go on till he saw Cotto starting to wilt while Tony was beating his chest ready to make cowardly cotto quit AGAIN!!!!! He stopped the fight to save Cotto not Tony's eye. Look at their faces at the end the only damage to Tony was that eye while Cottos face was beat up bad. Tony was set to repeat & they knew it.

2. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Personally... I dont see much of a case for Cotto here, Trinidad by far, imo.

3. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Good story.

4. Fat_asian

Fat_asian Member Full Member

Dec 8, 2019
    You know what though, to play devil's advocate, wouldn't it be the commission s fault for misdealing with this situation based on all suspision? Think about it, some states you don't even need a blood fukkin test, so it's ok for guys like Morrison to go ahead and get licensed.
    I'm gonna say what teddy atlas' said: we need a national commission to curb all this **** that is happening. Boxing is a dirty sport and alot of people are shady In the biz, and that just goes back to the saying that's been around for a million years. And what do other sports have that we don't? A bleepin league.

5. 22JM

22JM Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Tito was a beast with his extra cast and low blows , after he got caught his power went away...

6. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    Well, yeah. Richardson went out of his way to lobby for a certain outcome, though, instead of just leaving the matter with the authorities and letting things take their course. Based on the difference between his account and the actual appearance of the deadly weapon, I'd say he's full of merda.

The commission could have shown some discretion and common sense.

7. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    The level of stupidity you display is amazing. If Tito was Mexican you'd be all up in his rectum...

lefthandlead and Somali Sanil like this.
  8. mrtony80

mrtony80 Likes thick chicks Full Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Y'know, I used to think Margarito could possibly be innocent, but since I started learning Spanish, and can now understand what he's saying in interviews about the incident w/o subtitles, it's obvious Marg knew he was party to some shady s*it. Either that, or he's just one of those people that are so bad at defending themselves, they seem like they're lying when they're telling the truth. Same goes for Canelo and his meat incident.

9. Fat_asian

Dec 8, 2019
    I'd hate to see a hero go down like margarito because of slander, I think his is eye thoughj is just the straw that broke the camel's back. He could not see! You can hear them talking after the fight that he was a *****(cotto) and hit like a girl. Brandon Rios said they deserved a rematch too . But the question is: what would happen in the next fight with that eye.

I'm a firm believer in that the body can weep. So what I'm trying to say here is brutal but they should have let Margo continue, if this was in essence,, his last Miguel cotto fight. I feel for both sides here man because all mc was doing was taking an advantage of an opportunity. Since there was no peripheral vision. But like I said we don't have no fukkin league. I also find it amusing the jokes that Cotto fans vs Trinidad fans crack against each other, just to keep it lighthearted.

navigator likes this.
  10. mrtony80

mrtony80 Likes thick chicks Full Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Trinidad definitely had a bigger impact in PR, mostly due to him being far more friendly and outgoing than Cotto. Cotto is the type of person who is so reserved, they come across as a d*ck, but that's just his personality.

11. navigator

Nov 5, 2017
    Plastergate is easy to deconstruct with a little research.

The Boxing Illustrated experiment is the ultimate debunk. But there are other details that can be addressed.

For example, take the (in)famous 'cracked wrap' picture Cotto bandied about on Face Off with Max Kellerman. Cotto wasn't focused on the red stain, which was glove dye and not blood, but on the seeming crack on the surface of the wrap. Margarito was unable to explain the black mark during the Face Off discussion (for good reason, which you'll understand in a moment). Here's a copy of the picture;
    This content is protected

HBO could easily have debunked Cotto's exhibit A if they'd chosen to. But that would have undermined the narrative by which they were selling the rematch, so they didn't. They did, however, offer keen observers the means by which to debunk it for themselves. These screencaps have done the rounds in the eight years since I took them from a sweetboxing rip of the 24/7 series HBO produced (alongside the Face Off edition) to promote the rematch;

The high-def alternate angles expose the 'crack' for what it is, an optical illusion. The black mark is just a piece of thread. Which also accounts for Margarito's inability to explain its appearance in the angle Cotto presented. Who remembers having had a piece of thread on their wrap some three and a half years earlier?

Could be, man. I always took his attitude as being so scornful of the allegations that he didn't care to take them too seriously. I mean, he referred to the alleged crack as a "booger". :lol:

Stonehands likes this.
  12. 22JM

22JM Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Nope, I said the same thing about Margarito, and I was a huge fan of him, dumbass

13. navigator

Nov 5, 2017
    Anyone remember Rashad Holloway's busted face? Even if one believes in the debunked urban myth of plaster wraps, it requires a dearth of common sense to believe that any pro fighter would be foolish enough to apply such a method in a sparring session.

Tony was always capable of busting people up.

14. Fat_asian

Dec 8, 2019
    Who's this Holloway kid?

15. SquaredCircle

SquaredCircle Active Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Trinidad was substantially better than Cotto and connected more with Puerto Ricans given his extroversion and charisma that Cotto lacked.

Trinidad, ultimately, is in the second tier of Puerto Rican greats, behind true all-timers like Ortiz, Gomez, and Benitez. Cotto, who I was a huge fan of, had a fantastic career and deserves to be in the IBHOF, but he wasn't a truly great fighter.

lefthandlead likes this.