Who was more of a freak of nature, GSP or GGG?

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Ironfox222, Apr 29, 2023.

Who?

1. Georges St-Pierre

14 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. Gennady Golovkin

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. Ironfox222

Ironfox222 Member Full Member

Feb 20, 2022
    Both fighters were one of the most athletic fighters and most intelligent fighters in their weight class during their era and were nearly unstoppable during their prime while having a humble personality
    Who do you think was more athletic and a genetic freak of nature?

2. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I don't know really, they were both standout talents that trained extremely hard.

Going on a limb here, maybe Golovkin. He seems to believe on a deep level that it's a given he's going to be stronger and tougher than his opponents, and he seems to have more of a mean streak than GSP who I find to be one of the best rolemodels I have yet seen in combat sports. That said, GSP also has a case for belief in his superiority. I remember him saying to Koscheck that he was the better wrestler and Josh thought he was just talking crap. First thing GSP does in their fight is taking him down. That's gotta be soul destroying to a fighter who bases his game off his wrestling.

3. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    GSP by far for me. He is a far better and more rounded athlete. And was superior in his chosen sport that also is multi faceted.

GGG had a great chin and was a very strong man though.

Brixton Bomber and 3rdegree like this.
  4. mirexxa

mirexxa Heavyweight Champ Full Member

Jan 21, 2022
  5. TMLT87

TMLT87 Active Member Full Member

Feb 21, 2021
    Hard to say really. GSP showed more athletic stuff during his fights but then a lot of the stuff he could show in his sport isnt legal in GGGs sport.

GSP is a legit GOAT contender in his sport, GGG is not even close in his, so theres that. Again though different sports.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  6. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    GGG is athletic? News to me.

Mark Anthony and PhillyPhan69 like this.
  7. shanemfr

shanemfr Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 29, 2004
    Neither of them are close to being freaks of nature.

Mark Anthony likes this.
  8. turbotime

turbotime Hall Of Famer Full Member

May 4, 2012
    When you see GGG doing front flips and back flips and ninja ish, let me know and post a vid.

9. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony He`s the new Chisora as is Wilder Full Member

May 17, 2023
    GGG was never unstoppable.

10. Melankomas

Melankomas Prime Jeffries would demolish a grizzly in 2 Full Member

Dec 18, 2022
    GSP was a very special athlete, he excelled at wrestling in spite of learning it at such an old age (I believe he only practiced karate until he was in his 20s). I'll side with him.

11. MAD_PIGE0N

MAD_PIGE0N ... banned Full Member

Sep 3, 2022
    I don't know how the OP got that idea, but neither of them is a freak of nature. They are both great at their sports. If I have to compare them as athletes, GSP is superior, but doesn't do something that extraordinary.

12. ForemanJab

ForemanJab Deus Vult Full Member

May 8, 2014
    GSP became one of the most dominant wrestlers in the sport having never wrestled at any level before he started his MMA career. This is unprecedented. I’ve never seen another fighter be able to master and integrate new skills into their arsenal as quickly as him.

BCS8 and Brixton Bomber like this.
  13. PFPIsAMyth

PFPIsAMyth New Member Full Member

May 17, 2023
    Neither was GSP. GSP would make bad fighters, which most UFC fighters were in his era, look good.