Who was the scarier fighter out of the three at their peaks, Sonny Liston, G.Foreman or Mike Tyson?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by MixedMartialLaw, Jul 6, 2021.

1. swagdelfadeel

swagdelfadeel Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 30, 2014
    :lol: I remember @choklab using Rodney Frazier beating Crabtree as indisputable proof that Carl Williams would "annihilate" Cleveland Williams. :lol:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  2. swagdelfadeel

Jul 30, 2014
    :D

3. Guru88

Guru88 Active Member Full Member

Sep 6, 2020
    I’m a big Liston fan but whenever I see this guy post anything to do with Liston I just kind of ignore it, an absolute fanboy of the highest order. That last paragraph made me cringe

4. Glass City Cobra

Glass City Cobra H2H Burger King Full Member

Jan 6, 2017
    He didn't write it, he posted an article written on Cox corner.

White Bomber and swagdelfadeel like this.
  5. swagdelfadeel

Jul 30, 2014
    I did not write this. I lifted it from elsewhere. I even sourced it at the bottom of the page as Cobra pointed out above.

Regardless of you how felt about it, many others enjoyed reading it, so you can take your opinion and shove it up your ass.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
  6. ETM

ETM I thought I did enough to win. Full Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Good eye.
    That is a clue to Frazier not being his normal self. Foreman was disrespectful to Frazier in the leadup and Joe was playing George's game.
    Eddie Fuch was already concerned. and he noticed Frazier's stare. In the past Frazier grinned at his opponents as if they were food.

I think Liston and Joe might have been good friends if they had the chance. Joe could go to the concrete if necessary . Joe Fraxier was more intimidating than many people realize. Joe was blessed to have a solid family.

7. RulesMakeItInteresting

RulesMakeItInteresting Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 23, 2019
    Though Foreman's later remarks can be dubious, he did mention being scared of Frazier when coming up in the heavyweight ranks, and hoping he wouldn't be champ when he contended.

8. KernowWarrior

KernowWarrior Bob Fitzsimmons much bigger brother. Full Member

Jul 12, 2012
    I would say that if Tyson, Foreman and Liston were to do a stare down in pairs that Liston would have been the one who was less 'scared', Liston had a lifetime of hurt, both Tyson and Foreman were removed from the mean streets in their teens.

That said Tyson or Foreman standing opposite me in a stare down with evil intent in their eyes and a ice coldness in their heart, would have made me wish i was anywhere else on the planet at that moment in time other than there.

9. RulesMakeItInteresting

RulesMakeItInteresting Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 23, 2019
    I have to add this. Holyfield looks like Death Himself. Only time I ever saw Mike look...uh, not so confident:

This content is protected

KernowWarrior likes this.
  10. Boxed Ears

Boxed Ears this my daddy's account (RIP daddy) Full Member

Jul 28, 2009
    If you're actually scared of any of these men, I don't think you understand the concept of bullyism. Sure, each could probably kill you with bare hands very easily. But bullies are simple folk who count on other simple folk to be afraid of death. And death is simply new life and new beginning. Your fear of being reborn is the same as your fear of dying. So, being afraid of that is just dumb. And it let's evil always triumph over good, because good is so, so dumb.

swagdelfadeel likes this.
  11. swagdelfadeel

Jul 30, 2014
    Elaborate if you’d be so kind. I look forward to your analysis.

12. KernowWarrior

KernowWarrior Bob Fitzsimmons much bigger brother. Full Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Holyfield sure did win that prefight introduction......

13. janitor

janitor VIP Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2006
    None of them covered themselves with glory before their boxing careers, but Liston's crimes strike me as being more serious, and his criminal associations darker.

14. choklab

choklab cocoon of horror Full Member

Dec 31, 2009
    I don’t know Rodney Williams

15. swagdelfadeel

Jul 30, 2014
    Rodney Frazier, my apologies.