Who will be next WBC HW champion

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by TheVet, Apr 27, 2022.

1. TheVet

TheVet Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2021
    Fury was on morning TV in the UK today and reiterated he has retired. I actually believe him. He many come back later but as of now I 100% believe he is done.

So the question who will be next WBC Champ - Top 15 rankings are
    1. Deontay Wilder
    2. Joe Joyce
    3. Joseph Parker
    4. Frank Sanchez
    5. Andy Ruiz Jr
    6. Arslanbek Makhmudov
    7. Luis Ortiz
    8. Filip Hrgovic
    9. Michael Hunter
    10. Tony Yoka
    11. Otto Wallin
    12. Agit Kabayel
    13. Robert Helenius
    14. Martin Bakole
    15. Daniel Dubois

2. TheVet

Sep 22, 2021
    Looks like Wilder will fighitng the winner of Parker and Joyce for the title

anjawnaymiz likes this.
  3. Finkel

Finkel Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 10, 2020
    On the face of it, I would really welcome Wilder fighting the winner out of those two! If Wilder was to win that fight, it would surely quieten arguments about his relative standing within this era. It would be the big win that Wilder's fan base could point to.

However, Parker v Joyce is in July, so realistically, the winner of them would be fighting October/November at the earliest. So, I don't think Wilder should just walk into a title fight. Rather, I would hope that he fights another ranked opponent before that. As coming off two KO losses, with his last win coming right on the cusp of three years, and then walking back into a title fight... Yeah, that would be going beyond Stiverne levels of ridiculousness when he was made mandatory.

Personally, I suspect the winner of Ortiz v Ruiz Jr. will also be on the board if there is a fight for a vacant strap.

sasto likes this.
  4. TheVet

Sep 22, 2021
    I think Wilder will have a warm up fight. He will see whats happening regarding Fury and then AJ v Usyk

But I think in a few weeks WBC will offically declare the WBC belt vacant and make Wilder number 1. With that in mind his people will be looking at a warm up fight to likley face the Parker v Joyce winner. Or maybe he might just got for the big money fight and take on the AJ v Usyk winner.

5. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    This content is protected

By the way, I am hoping that, given the circumstances, they let Usyk fight for it. They can throw him in there against Wilder...anybody they want. Nobody outside of Fury has a chance.

6. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Shouldnt Joyce vs. Parker be for the vacant belt?

Not only are they #2 and 3 in their rankings, but that you will never get a better matchup factoring both boxers.

Wilder is very much MIA and Ruiz has a fight scheduled. So unless you want to wait until December at the earliest for that (Wilder will need 1-2 tomato cans), I see no reason for them not to sanction Joyce/Parker for the full title.

uber-pain and Gregor1987 like this.
  7. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I would personally love to see Joyce-Parker with Usyk taking on the winner.

Wizbit1013 and AlwaysFirst like this.
  8. Dangerwood84

Dangerwood84 Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Get ready for Wilder v Kabayel.

9. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    #2 Parker and #3 Joyce is in July. They are also #1 and #2 in the WBO, so this could be a WBO mandatory fight or for a vacant WBO title if Usyk doesn't end up fighting Joshua.

#5 Andy Ruiz and #7 Luis Ortiz is also in July, I believe.

#8 Hgovic is fighting an IBF eliminator in May.

That leaves #1 Wilder, the undefeated #4 Frank Sanchez, the undefeated "twitching" Makhmudov at #6 and the undefeated Yoka at #10. (Hunter is doing god knows what with Triller.)

Throw in Wilder-Yoka and Sanchez-Makhmudov, along with Parker-Joyce and Ruiz-Ortiz, and you have an old-fasioned eight man tournament.

Semifinal in the late fall. Final to crown a new champ in the spring.

But I don't think Fury will vacate.

10. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    How come Wilder is still no 1 given he got ko'd in his last 2 fights???

ipitythefool and Charlie Stewart like this.
  11. Reg

Reg Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 5, 2016
    Is it normal for the WBC champ to be #1 contender after getting knocked out? What about getting knocked out twice in a row?

12. senpai

senpai Well-Known Member Full Member

May 18, 2021
    I want winner of Hrgovic vs Makhmudov to be the WBC belt holder.

P.S. please make Usyk vs Sanchez after he beats AJ again.

uber-pain likes this.
  13. bailey

bailey Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 11, 2009
    A bit shocked if that is the ratings.
    I had read Wilder was still rated #1, but as Wilder suffered 2 inside the distance defeats to Fury in his last 2 fights and is still #1, yet Whyte is no longer in the top 15 of that rating and holds a win over 2 of the rated fighters in the list

14. FastLeft

FastLeft Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 23, 2022
    might be because he was champ for a long time. Always expect this type of decision on ratings from WBC ,& IBF & WBO & WBA. Seen worse

Lesion of Doom likes this.
  15. drenlou

drenlou Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 22, 2015